Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2017, 03:19 AM   #1

Hello from Spain

Hi,

I started with photography with an Kodak and Yashica Minister-D camera when I was 8 years old.

My first SLR was a Canon EOS100N, in 1992 f. .Now I own lots of analog film cameras (Canon, Praktica, Kodak, Zorki, Kiev etc.) but also digital ( Lumix FZ28, etc) . Now, I bought Pentax K-S2...

Searching the web I found this site.

04-28-2017, 03:35 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hola from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Enjoy your K-S2 !! Good to have you here.
04-28-2017, 03:41 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome

my dad used a Yashica SLR in the 60's I still have a Yashica 28 mm 1:28 screw mount that he used

may I suggest you go to the top of the page and look at what you can find when clicking on "Cameras", "Lenses", "Accessories" and "Articles".

I also would suggest you ask any questions you may have. There are very knowledgeable posters here who are very willing to share their opinions.

Please post your photos, we all love that

please consider taking part in some of the "fun" threads as well such as:

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories → Alphabet Race (a very quick game)

Read more at: Alphabet Race (a very quick game) - PentaxForums.com

PentaxForums.com → Off-Topic Forums → Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. → Got Squirrel Shots?

Read more at: Got Squirrel Shots? - PentaxForums.com

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Weekly Photo Challenges → Caption Contest 04/23 - 04/30 caption contest

Read more at: 04/23 - 04/30 caption contest - PentaxForums.com

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories → "I Spy" Photo Challenge

Read more at: "I Spy" Photo Challenge - PentaxForums.com

and any "serious" thread you find interesting
04-28-2017, 05:29 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
welcome

my dad used a Yashica SLR in the 60's I still have a Yashica 28 mm 1:28 screw mount that he used

may I suggest you go to the top of the page and look at what you can find when clicking on "Cameras", "Lenses", "Accessories" and "Articles".

I also would suggest you ask any questions you may have. There are very knowledgeable posters here who are very willing to share their opinions.

Please post your photos, we all love that

please consider taking part in some of the "fun" threads as well such as:

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories → Alphabet Race (a very quick game)

Read more at: Alphabet Race (a very quick game) - PentaxForums.com

PentaxForums.com → Off-Topic Forums → Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. → Got Squirrel Shots?

Read more at: Got Squirrel Shots? - PentaxForums.com

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Weekly Photo Challenges → Caption Contest 04/23 - 04/30 caption contest

Read more at: 04/23 - 04/30 caption contest - PentaxForums.com

PentaxForums.com → Photo Sharing and Galleries → Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories → "I Spy" Photo Challenge

Read more at: "I Spy" Photo Challenge - PentaxForums.com

and any "serious" thread you find interesting
Welcome to the forums - glad you could join us!

Aslyfox's welcome is well-meant, but it's all too easy for our new members to get overwhelmed here with so much to read and get involved in

Instead, I'd suggest you take your time to browse and find what interests you, at your own pace. There's sure to be plenty.

There are many K-S2 owners here, so you're in good company. Congratulations on the new camera

Last edited by BigMackCam; 04-28-2017 at 05:35 AM.
04-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Welcome to the forums - glad you could join us!

Aslyfox's welcome is well-meant, but it's all too easy for our new members to get overwhelmed here with so much to read and get involved in

Instead, I'd suggest you take your time to browse and find what interests you, at your own pace. There's sure to be plenty.

There are many K-S2 owners here, so you're in good company. Congratulations on the new camera

all i meant was that there are resources available for us to use or ignore

I certainly did not mean there was " required reading " or participation in anything is required
04-28-2017, 08:45 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.
04-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, just jump right in whenever you want.