Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-28-2017, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #1

Helllo from central Missouri woods

Hi everyone,

Happy to be here and look forward to receiving and learning from you all.

Background. 72 years old Retired a couple years back. From a camera standpoint I have only owned Pentax over the years. Started with a Spotmatic during my time with my Uncle Sam in Southeast Asia during late 60's. I was never more than a casual user taking travel and family pic. Last Pentax I bought was a SuperProgram bought with1.4 50 and the 70-210. I bought it in 1981 . At time I was traveling the southwest and pacific rim with a AF radar siting team as the civil engineer .

But got away from that job and photography for very long time. Now time to go back as wife and I travel quite a lot. I debated long and hard on reviving my superprogram or buying a new DSLR. Was surprised that most drug store type film developers ( read Walmart) do not return negatives.

Being on limited budget and a pretty old nostalgia old fashioned kind of guy ( we don't have and don't want internet connectivity other than ATT- spotty reception at that- cellphone and mini iPad) I looked cost of decent entry DSLR with kit lenses - Printer etc. I have chosen to rebirth my film days and combine with scanner and printer with eventual home development. I can get good used camera equipment as I progress.

First step is the camera . It has a film advance problem. I have contacted Eric Henderson. .. all I hear is that he is top of line in repairing/restoring Pentax.

Again I look forward to the forum.

Regards

Denny

04-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Denny, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Any help or advice you may need will be quickly given by the membership here. Good to have you aboard.
04-28-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! Remember you can get used DSLR bodies for pretty cheap now, too. A K10 or K20 will only cost you $100 or so, and be a good compliment for your film-era lenses. I had a a K10 with split-focus screen which was quite nice for manual use.
04-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Denny - welcome from an eastern Missourian . Eric reconditioned my SuperPROGRAM to like new. Lots of film people here - Film Forum and sub-forums + Lenses Manual Focus is loaded with info and helpful people.

Good luck!

04-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, good choice with camera repairman, spoken most highly of around the forum.
04-28-2017, 04:14 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.