Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2017, 10:32 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from San Gabriel California!

Well I found this great source of m42 mount lens knowledge from a mention on Ken Wheeler Angry Photographer YouTube channel . I just purchase a new black Fuji X-T20 and he is very persuasive on the joys of high quality economical adapted M42 mount lenses for Fuji cameras. Your large data base of reviews for both Pentax and third party manufactured M42 mount lenses make the purchases from Ebay and elsewhere a lot easier. To help avoid the Lens dogs and find the gems while hunting for bargains . I've been shoot shooting film and digital cameras for over 40+ years , Canon, Olympus, Nikon and now Fuji . . Look forward to learn more about Pentax and M42 lenses . Hello again from Southern California.

04-28-2017, 10:54 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy using fine Pentax glass.
04-29-2017, 12:46 AM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.
04-29-2017, 01:21 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Santa Ana. I have gotten to the SG mission and cemetery for fun :-)

04-29-2017, 09:27 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yep same San Gabriel Ca.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Santa Ana. I have gotten to the SG mission and cemetery for fun :-)

Yes SpecialK same San Gabriel "A City With A Mission " as a cornball city motto goes. Yes we have one of the original 21 Spanish Missions. Many a new camera of mine has been tested at the San Gabriel Mission on quick field trip . My be I will post a test picture or two with the new Fuji X-T 20 , I got 18-55mm f2.8 - f4 kit lens with the camera and I have a Ebay find Vivitar 24mm f2.8 M42 lens on the way . I was looking for wider prime and do not have the 400.00 for fuji 23mm F2 so based on user reviews here at the Pentax forums I decided to give the Vivtar 24mm a try and it was only $40 usd and shipping on Ebay. Look forward to more photographic fun and savings. I been meaning to see Rubel's Castle in Azusa Ca. for years ever since I seeing "The Visting with Huell Howser " episode on PBS channel 28, It looks like a fabulous place to test a new camera and lens
04-30-2017, 02:18 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobone1963 Quote
I been meaning to see Rubel's Castle in Azusa Ca. for years ever since I seeing "The Visting with Huell Howser " episode on PBS channel 28, It looks like a fabulous place to test a new camera and lens
The castle looks like fun. Never heard of it before :-( Next month on Sunday the 21st, 6 museums around Pasadena are having a free day. I want to see the 2 houses and the PMOH.
The Museums of the Arroyo
04-30-2017, 09:44 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The castle looks like fun. Never heard of it before :-( Next month on Sunday the 21st, 6 museums around Pasadena are having a free day. I want to see the 2 houses and the PMOH.
The Museums of the Arroyo
Special K if your interested in Rubel's Castle you can watch the episode for free at the Huell Howser's online video archive at Chapman University website . H.H. gave all his papers, research material and video library (much to kcet 28 dismay) to Chapman University . Its a great place to check a location before engaging in a long road trip or find some hidden gems for photo shoots around California.
04-30-2017, 10:29 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Special K if your interested in Rubel's Castle you can watch the episode for free at the Huell Howser's online video archive at Chapman University website
Thanks for the info. I will watch it. The castle seems a bit photo-unfriendly. I know about HH and Chapman - his cenotaph is there (Fish Interfaith Center).

05-01-2017, 09:59 PM   #9

Original Poster
Wow it's been four years since Huell's past, God time flies
05-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Wow it's been four years since Huell's past, God time flies
I watched the videolog on the castle. I may still go someday on an outing.