Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2017, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #1

Introduction from Belgium (yet another)

Well!
What can I tell.
After an analog Voigtlander and a Yashica, I entered into the world of SLR through a second hand Pentax camera with a Konica 50 mm F2 lens.
Later on I bought a (yes! second hand) 70-200 mm zoom.
Life was complete.
My Yashica thought me to shoot in manual mode and then the possibilities of an SLR took me to where I had never gone before.

Raising four kids and a still ongoing professional career diluted my production of pictures to almost homeopathic concentrations.
Not to mention the price and abysmal quality of development and printing I witnessed.

Comes the era of the digital SLR.
After a very disappointing and shoot camera (I won't mention the brand, no) I just gave up.
Until I saw the pictures my friend had made with his DSLR.
Nikon and far too expensive but it piqued my interest.
I knew I could use m lenses on the Pentax DSLR's and off I went to eBay.
Another five months later I received my second hand K100D super.

From then on I started following a digital photography course (first of five years...).
My old zoom succumbed to fungus.
Another one from Sigma replaces it now (18-200).
I still use my 6.1 MP Pentax and I am trying to figure out where to go next.

But this post is becoming too long...

The point is I will need advice on where to go next, on lenses and bodies and as my financial resources are not inexhaustible I will gladly rummage in the second hand items.

Voilą!

One last word.
I like to write...

Asimov

Attached Images

04-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your photography the Pentax way now.
04-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
04-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #4
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi from Australia Asimov, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Any help or advice you may need will be quickly given by the membership here.
Good to have you aboard.

04-29-2017, 03:14 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
Raising four kids and a still ongoing professional career diluted my production of pictures to almost homeopathic concentrations.
Great line: 'homeopathic concentrations'.

My advice, for what it is worth, is just take photos. I like to have a 'project' but it does not have to be grandiose. I had one which was just to document/photograph a local beach, so it was flowers, driftwood, sunrise, shells, etc.
04-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Asimov

Welcome.

I can recommend the K5. Built like a tank, superb camera and you can find them a good prices. Get yourself a low shutter count unit and you will not be disappointed. Check out my signature for the lenses that work for me.
05-02-2017, 06:17 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

Did you have a relative who liked to write a bit?

I was in your situation too. 4 kids, career to support the brood etc. Made the jump back in in 2012. Since the K5 in 2012, K5-IIs in 2013, K3 in 2014 and finally a K1 in 2016. Just retired a year ago. My personal recommendation would be the K1. It was the first digital camera I owned that I thought was as good as film. I love it. Larger viewfinder is pretty good for manual focus lenses too.

Currently I use my K3 as a complement to my K1.
05-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago!

05-19-2017, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #9

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcoming everyone.
I followed the advice of FreeSpirit and got myself a K5 at a very reasonable price.
Very recently.
I have to take it outside for some serious shooting but it already feels like a stellar distance away from my K100D super.
We'll see.
05-22-2017, 05:56 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My K5 still works great, it's been abused and looks abused but works flawlessly. It won't let you down.