Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2017, 04:48 AM   #1

Greetings from Maine

Hi all.

New member here.

I come to photography and this forum from an unusual angle. I've been a television producer/videographer/editor for 20 years -- and as such, worked almost exclusively with professional video cameras equipped with B4 zoom lenses. With the advent of DSLR video, I've been increasingly working with DSLRs and photographic lenses -- some zoom, some prime. This has been wonderful. The imagery is so much better than a traditional TV camera.

My camera format is Canon (T3i) -- mostly because Canon is what we use at work, but also because it's by far the most commonly used brand of DSLR camera for video capture.

I came to Pentax because I've owned a K1000 with 50mm/2.0 kit lens for 20+ years and love the simplicity, and build quality. When I learned that with a $5 adapter from Amazon, I could fit my Pentax manual lens to my Canon camera, I was ecstatic... finally, a fully manual, good quality lens for my DSLR!!! With the help of the lens database on this forum, I've been able to expanded my lens arsenal with some fantastic Pentax glass. M-42 mount lenses are my focal point -- pun intended -- because the build quality is amazing, they adapt well/inexpensively to the EF body Canon, and they are fully manual -- which is perfect for video capture.

As of today, I have a 35mm/3.5, 50mm/1.4 (my favorite), a 55mm/2.0, and a Soligar 105mm/2.8 -- and of course, always on the lookout for more!

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

04-30-2017, 05:58 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
04-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, please don't let us all know... that your mutilating fine Pentax glass to suit Canon.

04-30-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia tvp, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here with us.

05-01-2017, 04:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, please don't let us all know... that your mutilating fine Pentax glass to suit Canon.

No mutilation -- I promise!

I use simple screw-on adapters that can be removed, allowing the lens to still be used on the two Spotmatics. To be honest though, I haven't shot a roll of film in 15 years.