Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Good Day, Eh? From the Great White North!

Good day, Eh! So, uh, the snow has melted, and the sun came out for a minute in April, and it went back behind the the clouds and the rains came.

So on August 5th, I purchased my camera, an extra lens, the bag, and other accessories. And guess what,... THE SUN CAME OUT AGAIN, for a minute, and it rained again on the 6th.

I was introduced to this forum thru a friend, and am looking forward to learning about different tips, and hints on using this contraption.

First off, can anyone tell me why all my pictures are black?

(Yeah hoser! I am kidding. I know about taking it out of the bag first!! and the lens cap too!)

Anyway, If you see someone that looks a little lost, and asking lots of stupid questions, its probably me. And if its not, then your probably lost too.

Later
Brad

08-14-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Brad, welcome to a GREAT forum eh!

It seems the sun comes out when you bring the camera out, so why not keep it out?
But, you didn't tell us WHAT you got eh!
08-15-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ah, gees eh!
So i got the K200 with the standard 17-50mm lens and the 50-200mmlens.
From some of the pics that I have seen posted here, I need to get the wide angle lens, some of the shots in here are just amazing.

Still playing with the camera, and apperantly, something I did not know,.. once you buy something like this,.. you get infected with this urge to keep snapping pics.

Thanks for the welcome.
08-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the site. I think you will find you are not only infected with taking pics but also buying lenses.

By the way, what is this thing you call snow that melts????

08-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hehe, welcome. I'm new to this forum too but have been working on the photo taking hobby for a couple years now since I bought my *istDL. Yes, you do get the urge to buy stuff like lenses (which can be seriously expensive). I have 3 little ones and it's not always easy to get out and snap the pictures I want so take every opportunity you can get to take pictures. I think this hobby, profession for some, has really exploded since the development of the digital camera... It's so nice not to be limited by wasting film.

Enjoy the photo taking adventures.
08-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe you can post some Red Green handy man tips.

Now take off, ehh?
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Maybe you can post some Red Green handy man tips.

Now take off, ehh?
Haha, my favorite one is the power windows using the electric beater.

08-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #8

Hi from Marietta Pennsylvania

Hello,
I'm Cindy S and I am new to this forum. Currently, I am a proud owner of the Pentax K10D. This is my second Pentax camera. My first was a ist DL. I don't have any images posted yet, but I do have a website. The address is clsperko.com. I would appreciate any constructive feedback.

Thank you,
Cindy
08-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum Brad. You didn't leave the door open again, did you? We seem to be having the same weather this side of the border. LOL. Anyhow Welcome!
08-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
First off, Red Green is one hell of a handy man,.. He fixed my marrige with some duct tape and and electric razor. Turns out that thing works on back hair.

As for my door open, I would never let the heat out by doing that. I mean, its close to single digits at night now, great sleeping weather. Some call it "Duck and Goose" weather. That's where you "Duck" under the covers and "Goose" your old lady.

I am infected with buying lenses. Visa loves me, my wife hates me, and my camera bag is too small. Lens envy sucks.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, and will post here and there. Feedback is always welcome.

Thanks again.
08-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by squarerigger Quote
Welcome to the site. I think you will find you are not only infected with taking pics but also buying lenses.

By the way, what is this thing you call snow that melts????

I am not sure what others call it, But I call it magic. How the hell does snow just change from a solid to a liquid like that,... AMAZING!
08-16-2008, 06:43 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bsproule Quote
I am not sure what others call it, But I call it magic. How the hell does snow just change from a solid to a liquid like that,... AMAZING!
Yeah, and then the real magic when Molsens turns it in to beer!
08-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Welcome Cindy and Mike too.

Duct (not Duck as they're calling it these days) tape will fix ANYTHING.
08-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Welcome Cindy and Mike too.

Duct (not Duck as they're calling it these days) tape will fix ANYTHING.
The too things that will fix anything: Duct tape and WD-40.

If it won't move and should, use the WD40.
If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
08-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Molson is ok if you like that kind of "just ok" beer. Personally, I prefer Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale brewed straight from Nova Scotia...

But then everyone likes something different, but if you have not tried it, its worth a look for sure.