Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2017, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Illinois!

I just registered as a user today and am looking forward to learning from the other members of this forum. I have been seriously interested in photography for about 35 years. I shot 35mm (Canon) and medium format (Mamiya) film cameras for many years before finally going digital about 15 years ago. I have done part-time professional photography (weddings, portraits, and events) for over 20 years. I also enjoy nature and travel photography. Though I had never been a Pentax user before going digital, I made the switch after Pentax introduced the K10D. I was impressed with the rugged construction and some of the features, such as shake reduction built into the body, as well as the low price point, compared to high-end Canons and Nikons. I still have the K10D for back-up, but I now have a K-3 that I mostly use. My lenses are a mixture of Pentax, Tamron, and Sigma. I also have the AF-540FGZ flash. Thank you for allowing me to participate.

05-28-2017, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.
05-28-2017, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Janet, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix !!! Good to have you aboard.
05-29-2017, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.

05-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Northeast IL!
I lead a few bee walks in the prairies if you're ever interested.
05-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome from Northeast IL!
I lead a few bee walks in the prairies if you're ever interested.
That sounds interesting, but I'm in the opposite corner of the state, so I'm pretty far away from you. Thanks, anyway!

---------- Post added 05-30-17 at 01:33 PM ----------

Since some of you encouraged me, I just posted my first photo in the photo-sharing forum. Hope you enjoy it.

---------- Post added 05-30-17 at 01:37 PM ----------

I accidentally replied to my own comment. Didn't mean to do that. Is there any way to remove or edit a comment once you've posted it? I don't see any way to do that.

I meant to simply say that I have posted my first photo in the photo-sharing forum. I wasn't planning to, but since some encouraged me, I decided to.