Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2017, 01:06 PM   #1

Hello from the land of OZ

Oz, for those that don't know, is Kansas.
I am new to digital in the realm of DSLR cameras. I have used simple digital cameras since their inception and have used cellphone cameras again since their inception. I am interested in the K1 and need to make a purchase in the near future to make the learning curve simpler for my vacation.
ANY help or links would be appreciated.
Qualla

05-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!
05-30-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Qualla, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.
05-30-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. You may want to purchase from dealers such as B and H, Adorama, or Beach Camera if you get a K-1. They are all authorized Pentax dealers. There are others, but I just wanted to mention a few.

05-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
C-Jones,
I have browsed the sites you mentioned and they currently the camera at a reasonable price if that exists. I have old K1000 generation lenses. Are they good for use on this camera? I have reada lot and the reviews are mixed on using old glass on new cameras.
you sate that the old glass is not good to use on the new camera is there a good street museum that would work well in the Smithsonian and on the streets of DC?
Qualla
06-02-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy your future photography the Pentax way.
06-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #7

Original Poster
Looking for help with my upcoming purchase

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, enjoy your future photography the Pentax way.
Kerrowdown,

I asked a question above and did not receive a reply. Looking for someone who has used old glass, manual focus lenses on the K1 or any other DSLR. I have a lot of old glass and in the day they shot great film photos. I did my own darkroom work back then and I assume I will use software to make the same types of modifications to the original images obtained.

Any help or a reference to a person that has used old glass would be very much appreciated.

I will also purchase a new lens to start out but i want to play with the old glass. I have read that if used correctly they can work very well on the new cameras. Issues that presented themselves on previous cameras were linked to the APS-C sensor size, the K1 put that problem to rest.

Again any help or reference would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the welcome,

Qualla