Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello. . . . . .Again.

Hello.
My name is Rick. I live in N.E. Oregon. I joined the group some time ago but could not log on for some time. I quit using my K1000 because my place that developed film quit doing it. I am now using a Kodak easyshare z700. Digital. Very happy with the pics I am getting with it but I could do better.
I would love to get a new DSLR but just can't afford it. I inherited what I have so I am making due. I am glad I have been able to log back in and now have the sign in saved so I should be able post now.
I have always loved this site and hope to be an active member now.
One of these days I will get a new dslr body and be able to use my other equipment with it.

06-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome back to the forum and to digital photography.
06-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
06-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome from Kelso/Longview! I picked up deals right here and am fully weather sealed for $250. That's still a bit of change but i missed the K-5 and am happy to be back in play.

Hope you have a good site for the August eclipse staked out

06-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome back Rick.
Keep a lookout on the Marketplace, ebay, etc. Every now and then a great secondhand Pentax DSLR deal comes up, for low $$$.
Kind regards,
Mark
06-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Get a K10D and maybe a DA 35mm f2.4. Getting them used will cost you maybe 200 dollars in the used market and will give you great results.
Oh and welcome!
06-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #7
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Rick, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Glad you made it back !! Good to have you here.

06-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you everyone. I spend a lot of my time looking at the film pages since That is what I was using at the time. Now that my color developer has drained all his chemicals I was pushed into the digital age. (yeah I know I could send my film off and get it back in a couple of weeks. I just don't want to do that anymore.) I am kind of growing into this other medium. As for having a stake out for the eclips. Not really. My back yard I think. Been some very cool shots of it taken but it just isn't in my prioritys. Sorry folks.
Love taking pictures of wildlife. (main reason I want a DSLR.) The wife and I take a lot of day trips to look at animals. Love old cemetery's. Abandoned buildings. Sunsets. Have thought of a place to catch a sunrise but I find it difficult to get up that early to go get it. Who knows. Maybe this weekend.
My little Kodak takes pretty good shots, I want to improve with it before I get to excited about a new camera.
06-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 80turbota Quote
Have thought of a place to catch a sunrise but I find it difficult to get up that early to go get it. Who knows. Maybe this weekend.
06-09-2017, 06:42 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Looks like I won't be going up to that place for the sunrise photo's. The wife and I are going over to Joseph Oregon on a bit of a road trip. Has been about 3 decades since I was there last. I know there will be plenty of photo ops there. I am also looking into a bicycle ride that direction and I want to see if the road is what I think it is. Going to make for a very long day but I know it will be spectacular. Oh, no I won't be up at daylight but that's ok. Where I am considering going for my daylight trip is called the Hermiston Butte. It is about the highest spot around and I think it would be great spot for photo's.
06-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy cycling!
06-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Happy cycling!
Nope not this trip. It was just a exploration trip this time. Got to admit I will probably never ride it. Way beyond my abilities. And that is ok by me. Love that country though. We had it all. Sunshine, rain, sleet, snow, wind. Was a great trip though.