Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings From Maine!

Hello all,
Just joined to research as much as I can while waiting for my K-50 to arrive on the UPS truck. I am also waiting for an additional 50mm Ricoh Rikonen XR to get here for some manual focus fun.
Loving the great photos I am seeing in the lens reviews and trying to assimilate all of the information is like drinking from a firehose, but it is great to have the experience available to all of us who are new to the DLSR world. SO, thanks for passing your knowledge on, Pentaxians!
I hope I have something worth posting here within the next year; if I have, it means I learned something.

06-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Thomas.
I hope your camera turns up swiftly. That Rikonen XR - I don't think it has the infamous "Ricoh pin" but do check!
Kind regards,
Mark
(New Zealand)
06-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ricoh pin

Thanks Mark,
I don't believe it does based on reviews and the pictures, but I have a dremel and on a $15.00 lens, I am not afraid to use it if I must!

I figure the Kit lenses and that as a manual prime will get me started. Then something a bit longer so I can try to get the Ospreys that land on the pole in front of the house or the Bald eaglet fledglings as they learn to soar over the house. (Watched over by an adult even!) Lots of potential and I am tired of trying to get good pics with a cell phone that only has digital zoom. Digital zoom is an ATROCITY!

I want to get down your way some day but hate the rigamarole of flying commercial, two of my sisters rented an RV or caravan and drove around South Island for two weeks last year and loved it.
Thanks again for the welcome.
Tom
06-07-2017, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Tom, and welcome to the Pentax forums and Pentax equipment. Good to have you aboard.

06-07-2017, 11:52 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Thanks Mark,
I don't believe it does based on reviews and the pictures, but I have a dremel and on a $15.00 lens, I am not afraid to use it if I must!

I figure the Kit lenses and that as a manual prime will get me started. Then something a bit longer so I can try to get the Ospreys that land on the pole in front of the house or the Bald eaglet fledglings as they learn to soar over the house. (Watched over by an adult even!) Lots of potential and I am tired of trying to get good pics with a cell phone that only has digital zoom. Digital zoom is an ATROCITY!

I want to get down your way some day but hate the rigamarole of flying commercial, two of my sisters rented an RV or caravan and drove around South Island for two weeks last year and loved it.
Thanks again for the welcome.
Tom
If you make it over here Tom, there are quite a few Pentaxians who'll give you somewhere to park your RV.
06-08-2017, 12:39 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time with us.