Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi From Indonesia

Greetings from Indonesia...

This is my first visit here and I'm really impressed with this site. Unfortunately, I'll move to Melbourne in 2 months forward and I'll do everything about photography there.

So is there anyone living in Melbourne from this site ??

Thank you

08-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bossy Quote

This is my first visit here and I'm really impressed with this site. Unfortunately, I'll move to Melbourne in 2 months forward and I'll do everything about photography there.

Thank you
Hello, Bossy. Welcome to the brotherhood/sisterhood of Pentax enthusiasts. Going from Indonesia to Melbourne in the middle of Spring. That may be a shock to your body! Come on up my way some time (Brisbane, Queensland) or even further north, Cairns, to get closer to the climate you're used to. How long are you in Australia for?

My wife came from Fiji (Latitude 16 degrees S). That's the same latitude as Townsville. Her first winter in Brisbane was a bit of an ordeal. I can only imagine what it will be like for a person from your latitute to live that far south.

Dan.
08-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome!

There are heaps of Melbournians here. You should find it easy to meet a few of us once you get here.
We even have James running a social group here

You should have a month or so to get used to the cold weather before we get days in the mid forties again over summer.

Dale

Thank you
08-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
Hello, Bossy. Welcome to the brotherhood/sisterhood of Pentax enthusiasts. Going from Indonesia to Melbourne in the middle of Spring. That may be a shock to your body! Come on up my way some time (Brisbane, Queensland) or even further north, Cairns, to get closer to the climate you're used to. How long are you in Australia for?

My wife came from Fiji (Latitude 16 degrees S). That's the same latitude as Townsville. Her first winter in Brisbane was a bit of an ordeal. I can only imagine what it will be like for a person from your latitute to live that far south.

Dan.
Well, actually I'll go to Melbourne for my College in Monash Uni and continue for Undergraduate program there. I think I'll have to adapt for first time, that's for sure. I've prepared all the jackets and warm clothes to keep me comfortable.

Do i need to have a dry box to save my camera because i only have an all weather camera bag to keep my camera.

08-18-2008, 04:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You will be right with just the bag you have. We don't get that much rain here, despite what other States might think

Good luck with your studies at Monash.

Well, actually I'll go to Melbourne for my College in Monash Uni and continue for Undergraduate program there. I think I'll have to adapt for first time, that's for sure. I've prepared all the jackets and warm clothes to keep me comfortable.

Do i need to have a dry box to save my camera because i only have an all weather camera bag to keep my camera.