Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
New here, but not to Pentax.

Hi. I'm Manny, I'm from Belfast Northern Ireland. I got into Pentax when I received a K1000 from my girlfriend's sister. She said it was given to her third hand and all she knew was that it was a SLR. First time I'd ever heard the name pentax. I'm nearly sure its an early model, has the Asahi Pentax Logo, brass and chrome, all metal construction. Fell in love with it from the off. Loved how I could control aperture and focus from the lens, not the body. I was shooting with a Finepix S5100 before this and SLR was a whole new thing for me. I resolved to buy a DSLR when I had the money. I wanted a D40 because it was cheap entry material and something I could grow out from.

But I had pentax glass, the SMC 50 f/2.0 that came with the K1000 and a super albinar that came with it also, I had a pentax flash as well. The Jessops sales rep said "Go for pentax if you own glass". I got a K100D in early July last year. Since then my lens lineup has grown to include the purple beast, Tammy 70-300 and Sigma 105mm 2.8 macro. I also own a sun 28mm 2.5, a chinon 135mm 2.8 and a M42 300mm 5.6 with a 2x teleconverter that I use for lunar shots. Also received this year a Kenko 1.5x teleconverter. My photography's grown with my gear and you can find it at Flickr: Manny Dee's Photostream if you're interested.

Anyways I hope to be on this forum regularly. I'm also over at DPR. My biggest photography pet hate at the moment is "the sky is falling" threads so I stay out of those. I mostly shoot birds and nature, though I need to up my people photography. Some of the people shots that I have however I am proud of.

I understand pentax has it's problems but I am a happy customer of theirs and their cameras and lenses are great items.

See you in the forums.

Emmanuel (Manny) Diver.