Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #1

New member from Sacramento

Hi

My name is Joeseph but Joe is just fine. I live a bit outside the city of Sacramento CA and have registered so I can learn a bit about using a K3. Actually I had no plans really to get into photography but my son who is an overly ambitious IT guy gave me his K3 since he's been too busy for the last year to use it. He figured since I don't have many hobbies aside from walking my dog I might get some use out of it. Up till now I've only ever used my cell phone to take pictures so I've got a long road ahead of me. He directed me to this site and said I would learn a lot here so here I am.

Joe

06-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome, sacramento is one of my favorite areas to visit.

06-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Joe, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Any help or advice you may need will be quickly given by the members here. Good to have you here.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 06-18-2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typo
06-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, that's different... normally it's the father that gives the son the camera.

06-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Yes unfortunately I don't come from photographer stock so in our family my son was the first to pick up the art completely on his own. According to him he learned a lot at Pentax Forums so that's why he referred me to here. I come from more of a programming background but am a relatively quick learner so hopefully I can at least obtain some technical proficiency with the camera.

I'm fairly used to forum sites and how they operate so I've already been looking around a bit and at some of the various threads available here. I think my son was right to steer me here so I look forward to learning what I can when I can, plus looking at all the wonderful photos posted by many of the members here is quite inspirational.

If anyone has any recommendation for threads that they find interesting or inspirational please feel free to let me know, this site is immense and so it would be easy to overlook things.
06-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard Joe, from Antioch CA. You have landed in the right place. You will find if you have questions the members here are more than happy to help!