Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #1

Hello from West Yorkshire

Greetings to all.

Just dug out my camera that has been unused for a few years and now I have some time to play with it.

I have a couple of lenses from my old SLR (Chinon CE4) that are the same mount but don't want to work directly with the DSLR - presumably I need an adapter of some sort ? Any ideas anybody ?

Thanks in advance, and I am looking forward to beefing up my knowledge and skills.

06-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Lancaster!

What's your DSLR?

As long as the lenses for the CE4 don't have the dreaded Ricoh pin, you should be able to use them straight away on a Pentax DSLR. You will need an adapter for a Canon though these can be had very cheaply. Adapting to Nikon and SONY DSLRs is trickier.

You can finde more information on using K-Mount lenses on the website:

How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) - PentaxForums.com

Manual Focus Lens Choices for Pentax - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
06-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 06-22-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
06-22-2017, 03:23 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums!

In my experience, old Chinon/Chinar bayonet mount lenses do work on a modern Pentax DSLR. But you'll need to change a menu entry so it allows you to use the aperture ring.

06-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
06-23-2017, 02:11 AM   #6

Original Poster
I have a Pentax K100 D.

I spotted a couple of vids on Youtube showing how to adjust the custom settings / aperture ring option to allow for manual lens use. I will have another play because most threads.guidance imply that it will be a setting issue rather than something mechanical. My ancient lenses are all K mount so I think I just need to invest some time.

Thanks for the welcomes and replies.

Jim

---------- Post added 06-23-17 at 02:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by antipattern Quote
Welcome from Lancaster!

What's your DSLR?

As long as the lenses for the CE4 don't have the dreaded Ricoh pin, you should be able to use them straight away on a Pentax DSLR. You will need an adapter for a Canon though these can be had very cheaply. Adapting to Nikon and SONY DSLRs is trickier.

You can finde more information on using K-Mount lenses on the website:

How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) - PentaxForums.com

Manual Focus Lens Choices for Pentax - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
Thanks for the links - I have a K100D It feels like a really nice piece of equipment an, despite it's age, is the most advanced camera I have ever owned ! I juts need to source some decent batteries !
06-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands.