Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #1

Another user from California

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a quick greeting to everyone! I'm looking to get back into film cameras here and am seriously eyeing two very different cameras but both Pentax after some significant reading. I'd like to get a K1000 SE for the girlfriend so she can learn how to shoot and I'm looking for a Pentax 6x7 (non-MLU, mainly from a price perspective) MF camera. I've done some tossing back and forth between the Pentax 6x7 and even the Mamiya RZ67. I know the two are vastly different in size and in the end, I'm thinking the Pentax will be far more portable than the RZ. I've read so many good things about Pentax glass and so I'm hoping to either find a good deal on one or both of the cameras here, or if not, be pointed to some potential hiding places for these cameras that aren't commanding too high a premium!

Anyhow, I look forward to learning from everyone here!

06-27-2017, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! - the lenses for the Pentax 67 are ridiculously cheap these days - I wouldn't dream of selling mine at those prices, even though I very seldom use the camera these days- so you should be able to pick up a bargain -look forward to seeing the results whatever you settle on - and yes, the big Pentax is a great outdoors film MF
06-27-2017, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some of your imagery.
06-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Welcome! - the lenses for the Pentax 67 are ridiculously cheap these days - I wouldn't dream of selling mine at those prices, even though I very seldom use the camera these days- so you should be able to pick up a bargain -look forward to seeing the results whatever you settle on - and yes, the big Pentax is a great outdoors film MF
I'm itching to get my hands on the 6x7 for sure! The K1000 would be a fun camera to shoot with as well. I really miss the analog qualities of film and the shooting experience just as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some of your imagery.
Thank you! Now to just find a good deal on one

06-27-2017, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!

Keep an eye on Craigslist, 6X7 systems show up occasionally. I see them pop up here in Chicago once in a while, but it's fun money I'd rather spend elsewhere, not that the system wouldn't be really cool to play with...
06-28-2017, 12:18 AM - 1 Like   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.