Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Hi from New Zealand

Hello from Auckland, NZ.

I've been stalking this site for a while and decided I had better join. It was this site that helped me decide I needed a Pentax DSLR (I ended up with a K50 to get me started) over other brands of camera. That was easier said than done as it's not easy to find Pentax cameras here in NZ.
Although I've had point and shoot cameras (I quite literally used to just 'point and shoot'!), I am brand new to DSLR Photography, and have a lot to learn, especially with regards to composition. My interests are mainly landscapes, especially night photography. I look forward to soaking up as much knowledge from here that I can.

Thanks for listening

07-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia mate, and welcome to the Pentax forums. There is quite a strong Kiwi presence here, you can catch up with them via the link.
Good to have you aboard.

Kiwi Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
07-12-2017, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, and the link to Kiwi Pentaxians. It's good to know that Pentax users in NZ are not so rare after all!
07-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_monkey Quote
Thanks for the welcome, and the link to Kiwi Pentaxians. It's good to know that Pentax users in NZ are not so rare after all!
There are quite a few of us, and you would be more than welcome to drop on over to the Kiwi Pentaxian thread and join the conversation.

Welcome to Pentax Forum, and I hope you really enjoy your time here - it is a friendly and helpful place.

Cheers

Ross

07-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, please post some images from your part of the world when you get a chance.
07-13-2017, 01:07 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from the UK! I'll be visiting NZ next year so will then be taking loads of pics of your beautiful country, hopefully becoming an honorary Kiwi Pentaxian in the process.
07-13-2017, 01:19 AM   #7
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Welcome from the UK! I'll be visiting NZ next year so will then be taking loads of pics of your beautiful country, hopefully becoming an honorary Kiwi Pentaxian in the process.
You need to be very careful visiting here - it is so beautiful you may never want to leave, and then you will become another Brexiter. This
is about the region I live in.

07-13-2017, 02:19 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, please post some images from your part of the world when you get a chance.
Thanks, and photos will be forthcoming - eventually. I am a complete beginner though so it may take a while before I can do this country justice
You are from a beautiful part of the world yourself. I took a trip through there, a long time ago now, but I loved the rustic, wild beauty of the place.

---------- Post added 07-13-17 at 02:24 AM ----------

Hello - thanks for the welcome! We're a pretty welcoming lot down here in NZ so I'm sure becoming an honorary Kiwi Pentaxian won't be a problem. And as NZ_Ross said, it's so beautiful here, you may never want to leave!
07-13-2017, 04:18 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, Mrs Microlight and myself will be there for six whole weeks, so the trip of a lifetime. In the planning stages now; thinking three weeks North and three weeks South. I'll give the Astrotracer and the 10-17 a good workout!
07-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #10
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, Mrs Microlight and myself will be there for six whole weeks, so the trip of a lifetime. In the planning stages now; thinking three weeks North and three weeks South. I'll give the Astrotracer and the 10-17 a good workout!
Sounds like a fantastic trip
07-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks great! Here's one from my hereabouts.

07-13-2017, 11:58 PM   #12
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks great! Here's one from my hereabouts.
Very nice. Winchester has long been on my list of places to visit, but haven't made it there yet. The rest of the County looks pretty good too .