Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello ! from New Mexico.

My name is Ron and I have not been on here in a very long time. I had to register a new account as all my info was either forgotten or lost. I have a K-1 still in the box , and also a K3. Also am a vintage lens fan , and have so many that I hardly ever use , LOTS NEED to Go !
I have had some very serious health issues with a genetic mutation known as MTHFR and havent been able to function at all mentally for several months.
Im trying to regain some ground getting back on here and occupy my mind with something other than worry and sickness.
Im very isolated in NM in the small town I live , but getting ready to move to Tucson as soon as the house sells here.
I hope to meet some good photography friends , and maybe sell a few lenses as soon as I meet the minimum qualifications for the PF site. Thanks.

07-28-2017, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
07-28-2017, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome back, Dlanor Sekao!

I hope you can move forward after your recent health reversal.
07-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Welcome back, Dlanor Sekao!

I hope you can move forward after your recent health reversal.
I wish it were a reversal. Whoever thought eating extremely healthy and taking nutritional supplements would ever do harm. Alternative Drs supposed to be well versed in the MTHFR thing screwed me up even worse. Im now a Human Guinea Pig with experimental nutritional support, just to retain a resemblance to something that functions at even 10%.

07-28-2017, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Ron - welcome back! I'll PM @Adam and ask if he can look to merge your accounts and re-instate your access to the original one - or have you been in touch with him already?
07-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Hi Ron - welcome back! I'll PM @Adam and ask if he can look to merge your accounts and re-instate your access to the original one - or have you been in touch with him already?
No I havent , but Its OK if it stays this way. after my computer died , and changed my email account , I just couldnt remember my old password. Everything changed , and so did I.
I kinda like a new start , if you know what I mean.
07-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
No I havent , but Its OK if it stays this way. after my computer died , and changed my email account , I just couldnt remember my old password. Everything changed , and so did I.
I kinda like a new start , if you know what I mean.
Do you remember your old username or e-mail?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-28-2017, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I wish it were a reversal. Whoever thought eating extremely healthy and taking nutritional supplements would ever do harm. Alternative Drs supposed to be well versed in the MTHFR thing screwed me up even worse. Im now a Human Guinea Pig with experimental nutritional support, just to retain a resemblance to something that functions at even 10%.
Yipes!

Genetic metabolic diseases are nasty because the defective pathway tends to cause a slow and toxic build-up of something somewhere. Worse, the human body has an unpleasant habit of having the same symptoms from having too much of something and from having too little of something. It's easy to go the wrong way with doctors prescribing the exact opposite of what you need!

I do hope you can find a diet or treatment that keeps you healthy and best wishes on a fresh start!

07-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you remember your old username or e-mail?
My old username was DlanorSekao and I have no idea what email I used. Just cant remember.
07-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #10
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Ron, and welcome ( back ) to the Pentax forums. I hope your health issues stay far in the background, and you unbox that lovely K-1 soon !!! Glad you have returned.
07-28-2017, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi from Australia Ron, and welcome ( back ) to the Pentax forums. I hope your health issues stay far in the background, and you unbox that lovely K-1 soon !!! Glad you have returned.
They are still here. But for a while I wasnt sure if I was going to make it. I have a couple rather uncommon Genetic SNP's that I didnt know about until I started eating right and taking supplements for health. One of them is Called MTHFR C677T and Im homozygous for it plus a couple other rather nasty SNP's that in combination nearly killed me (or at least I thought I was dying). Extreme depression that came on suddely after overmethylating myself with activated B-12 and detoxing with Alpha Lipoic Acid.....Long Story.
I just wonder if anyone else here has the MTHFR gene defect ? Or if anyone knows about Polymorphisms that can really get nasty ?
Ive been suffering for about 20 years with the mysterious illness , and its left me with severe PTSD over the symptoms.
In my area there is nobody that understands Genomics , bio-hakcing , or even methylation.
Im left with NO support at all. Its very scary.
I couldnt even remember my birthdate or phone number for a couple months.
I decided to come back here as I got my mind back a bit.

---------- Post added 07-28-17 at 05:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Yipes!

Genetic metabolic diseases are nasty because the defective pathway tends to cause a slow and toxic build-up of something somewhere. Worse, the human body has an unpleasant habit of having the same symptoms from having too much of something and from having too little of something. It's easy to go the wrong way with doctors prescribing the exact opposite of what you need!

I do hope you can find a diet or treatment that keeps you healthy and best wishes on a fresh start!
Funny thing.....I diagnosed myself ! 23 And Me genetic test and BINGO ! There it was.
Problem being the uneducated Drs see ony one SNP and want to treat it solely without looking at the entire genome.
In my case it is most likely lead from years of scrounging Brass at the range , but I cant detoxify properly due to the genetic defect.
So I read and read and Cry my heart out. It is mentally devestating to say the least.

So here I am looking for good friends on PF that like modern FF and APSc Pentax cameras with old glass. Gotta do something to think about something else besides all the possibilities of what IFs and try to occupy my mind on something else.
07-30-2017, 04:00 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, wishing you a speedy recovery... so you can get that fine K1 out of the box and get going again photography wise.
07-30-2017, 06:29 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, wishing you a speedy recovery... so you can get that fine K1 out of the box and get going again photography wise.
I'm trying hard. I have lots of lenses to sell so I can upgrade to a couple new ones for the K-1.

---------- Post added 07-30-17 at 06:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I have a bunch of lenses to sell to upgrade to the new FF lenses. I just cant get it together. I have a SMC-M 50 macro , 105mm Ricoh (Lester Dine) Macro , and a Tamron SP 2.5 Macro , Plus lots more to sell. I wish I could just find someone to do it for me and pay them a nice commission.
Not functioning well at all.....but trying really hard.
07-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I can upgrade to a couple new ones for the K-1
I'm still using all my "Ladies" (see signature list) with my K1 and getting fine results.

None of whom are young girls anymore... average age must be 30 plus.