Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2017, 01:58 AM   #1

Hi

I live north of Sacramento in a small village called Plumas Lake. I have been a loyal Pentax owner since 1993. I was introduced to Pentax my Junior year of high school, 1993. That year I had the joy of learning black and white photography. I also became the owner of a K-1000, which happened the kind of camera the school was lending to students for the class. Since I have bought a ZX-M and a K-10D. I enjoy wildlife/outdoor photography. My high school photography teacher enjoyed my wildlife photographs. In fact I was fortunate enough to win First Place and Best of Show for a black and white picture of a doe.

My outfit consists of my K-10D, Pentax 18-55 (came with camera), a Tamron 28-80 and Tamron 70-300. My past experience with competition and the fact that so many enjoy photographs lead to me decide recently to enter photographs in the local county fair and perhaps the California State Fair in the summer of 2018. When I told my wife what I was planning on doing, she voiced her concern that my camera was obsolete. I think a new camera is in my near future, or so I hope.

I am glad I found a forum which focuses on the cameras I enjoy using, and look forward to sharing photos, and hopefully learning some new ideas/techniques.

Steve

09-11-2017, 02:21 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Steve, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Some wonderful photographs have been taken with the K10D, and members here still
use it. Good to have you aboard.
09-11-2017, 02:57 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forum

plenty here to enjoy and lots of folks willing to help you out

if in the market for equipment, don't forget to check out the market place

I've been treated very well by forum members when I have purchased equipment there

eagerly looking forward to seeing your contributions to the forum

which Tamron 70 - 300?? I used a Tamron 4-5.6 70 -300 macro zoom ld [1:2] af on my 2016 trip to Tanzania celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-11-2017 at 03:10 AM.
09-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
welcome to the forum

plenty here to enjoy and lots of folks willing to help you out

if in the market for equipment, don't forget to check out the market place

I've been treated very well by forum members when I have purchased equipment there

eagerly looking forward to seeing your contributions to the forum

which Tamron 70 - 300?? I used a Tamron 4-5.6 70 -300 macro zoom ld [1:2] af on my 2016 trip to Tanzania celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary
Aslyfox,

The 70-300 is the f/4 macro zoom lens. I bought it and the 28-80 as a kit through B&H.

Steve

09-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer.