Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Lots to RE-learn

Hello from Milton, Ontario, Canada (just west of Toronto).
25+ years ago I was an avid 35mm photographer, and even sold them for a living. To this day I still have my Minolta X700, but unfortunately haven't picked it up in far too many years.
I've finally decided to get back into photography and last fall I picked up a K100D Super.
LOVE IT, but I'm just beginning to realize how much I have to learn (the digital/computer stuff) and to re-learn...................I'm a little out of practice.
Looking forward to seeing other peoples pictures, hopefully with tech info supplied, and to reading the various ongoing discussions.
What I've seen so far tells me that this is the RIGHT place to come to for information, and I'll be back up to speed in no time!

08-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn about your new gear and to show your best work. I am looking forward to your posts.

Steve
08-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, eh. This forum is full of great people.

I was reasonably current with film using Pentaxes, and that made Pentax the logical choice for me. I am a computer professional, now retired, specializing the systems design and databses: R:Base, Access (Yeccch) and SQL Server. However I did find that image management and databases really don't have all that much in common. The members here had already fought the battle, and all I had to do was pick their brains for the image side. I've been using SLRs long enough that I could contribute here and there to even up the knowledge flow.
08-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Never to old/young to learn its great and you never stop looking for something different to shot at

Also welcome and enjoy the option and advice given freely

cheers