Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #1

Hello Again - K3 user

Hello Everyone,

Time for a proper introduction, I've been reading, looking at photos and scrolling around on the forums for a couple of years now.
I made the occasional post in the past (a whopping 11 in total), but I'm planning to get more involved and active in contributing.

I'm also planning to use this written commitment to the forums as a reason to pick up my K3 and a beautiful lineup of limited primes more often!
Considering the "limited" on those lenses seems to be referring to the use they're getting lately... My photography has been somewhat limited to holidays/vacations for the past couple of years.

My main interests are with: landscapes, streetscapes, cityscapes and people in relation to/combined with the first three.
As can be imagined these interests pair very well with travel photography, where my camera definitely sees the most use throughout the year.

I started out with photography in 2009, with a Pentax K20D+kitlenses.
I've sticked to Pentax ever since. Had the K5 soon after the K20 and upgraded to the K3 as soon as it came out.
In the beginning I was using Sigma 12-24mm and 24-70mm zooms, but I soon switched to primes (that 15mm is also controlling my mind).

For those interested, I'm currently using:
Pentax K3
DA15, DA21, FA31, DA40, F50, DA70 (main kit)
DA18-55WR (only in case of rain)
DA50-200, DA50-135 (not used very often, not really interested in tele stuff)

(I also own several other things, that might end up on the market place sooner or later, still considering if it's worth the $20 donation, as I do not know if people are willing to pay the international shipping fees when sending items from the Netherlands (where I live), any experience with that?)

Any particular topics I should start following right now considering the brief introduction I gave you so far? Tips are welcome!
Any questions for me are also welcome of course.

See you around the forums!
Jordy

09-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Jordy, welcome (again). I also have a Limited kit on my K-3II - except most of it is rolled up into the 20-40 zoom! 😜
09-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, or should I say welcome back to the forum, hoping to see a few more posts from you in the future.
09-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Ottawa, Jordy. Thank you for your great (re)introduction.

Hope to see some pictures from your part of the Netherlands. You have a fine camera kit, and many of us would agree with the mind-control power of that little 15mm gem!

- Craig

PS. I was fortunate to have visited the Netherlands several times on business -- mainly Amsterdam and The Hague. I enjoyed every trip.

09-20-2017, 01:03 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by -JW- Quote
Hello Everyone,

Time for a proper introduction, I've been reading, looking at photos and scrolling around on the forums for a couple of years now.
I made the occasional post in the past (a whopping 11 in total), but I'm planning to get more involved and active in contributing.

I'm also planning to use this written commitment to the forums as a reason to pick up my K3 and a beautiful lineup of limited primes more often!
Considering the "limited" on those lenses seems to be referring to the use they're getting lately... My photography has been somewhat limited to holidays/vacations for the past couple of years.

My main interests are with: landscapes, streetscapes, cityscapes and people in relation to/combined with the first three.
As can be imagined these interests pair very well with travel photography, where my camera definitely sees the most use throughout the year.

I started out with photography in 2009, with a Pentax K20D+kitlenses.
I've sticked to Pentax ever since. Had the K5 soon after the K20 and upgraded to the K3 as soon as it came out.
In the beginning I was using Sigma 12-24mm and 24-70mm zooms, but I soon switched to primes (that 15mm is also controlling my mind).

For those interested, I'm currently using:
Pentax K3
DA15, DA21, FA31, DA40, F50, DA70 (main kit)
DA18-55WR (only in case of rain)
DA50-200, DA50-135 (not used very often, not really interested in tele stuff)

(I also own several other things, that might end up on the market place sooner or later, still considering if it's worth the $20 donation, as I do not know if people are willing to pay the international shipping fees when sending items from the Netherlands (where I live), any experience with that?)

Any particular topics I should start following right now considering the brief introduction I gave you so far? Tips are welcome!
Any questions for me are also welcome of course.

See you around the forums!
Jordy
Congratulations on your choice of kit. I'm envious of your Ltd primes! That 31mm would be almost permanently on my K3. I would try some manual focus lenses if you wish to add to your collection. If you can find one at a reasonable price, the PKA 50mm f2.8 macro is fantastic on the K3. Also worth considering if you fancy a go at chasing insects and other small, shy beasties is the Tamron ad 2 SP 300mm f5.6, as it focuses nice and close, is sharp with ultra creamy OOF areas at close distance, and cheap.