Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Me in the UK

Hello everyone, I discovered this forum recently, and I've enjoyed reading a lot of threads here, as well as gaining plenty of interesting info and help from them. This marks the start of my contributions, hopefully I'll write some worthy ones.
I've liked Pentax gear since I got my dad's old Asahi SL many years ago. I'm not an obsessive Pentax user, I use old Canon gear and all sorts of other cameras too. I basically use whatever works best for what I want to do. Although I do admit Pentax lenses and cameras are very nice, and I chose to get a K10D (my first digital camera) last year - over an EOS 400D - because the build quality and features were fantastic, and I could swap KAF lenses with my GF's MZ-5n. The 400D felt like a badly-made toy. I didn't know much about the Pentax 18-55 kit lens at the time, but I have to say I really appreciate its hazy, creamy DoF when wide open at close ranges. I'm hoping to get an FA 50mm f1.4 soon, I'm really looking forward to using that.
I develop my own 35mm B&W negatives and prints at home, I've recently started again after a gap of a few years. I am also planning to move to 120 sometime, not sure what kit to get yet.

I mostly take photos of animals, plants and small things. Here are a few pics of mine from Flickr:

All of these were taken with my K10D.

08-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome. Consider a Pentax 645 or 67 when you get to 120. The lenses can be used on your K10d with adapters.