Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbibster Quote
I have both a K-500 and a K-70. You will really enjoy the capability of the K-70.

Having both cameras, I opted to use my K-500 with inexpensive yet excellent quality M42 prime lenses that are available.

I will definitely agree with other posters who recommended the Pentax branded K- mount to M42 adapter. They are pricey compared to the Chinese adapters, but well worth the money. They can be hard to find. If you find any in the $35 range grab it. Many go for $50 and up.

I will be glad to help with any questions you have. I've had my K-70 for over a year and am still learning new things.

Have fun and welcome to the forums.

Bob
Thanks Bob!

10-04-2017, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have two fotodiox M42 to K adapters and a Pentax one. I removed the lock tab on the fotodiox ones for convenience. I found the machining on them to be excellent and have caused me zero issues plus they were around $17. Other Chinese brands have been known to cause issues with infinity focus, get stuck on the camera or the lens. If you can find / afford it, you’ll never have a problem with the Pentax brand adapter, otherwise check out the other.
10-05-2017, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Welcome, and I love your avatar!! CF-105 for the win!

SP1000 to K-70 is quite a jump!
10-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Welcome, and I love your avatar!! CF-105 for the win!

SP1000 to K-70 is quite a jump!
Pathdoc, thanks may the CF-105 be an inspiration to us all to reach for the sky!

You are right about the jump from the SP1000 to the K-70 quite a learning curve,but glad I took the plunge, loving the camera!

10-05-2017, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Coupled with my K-70, I included the DA 18-135mm lens
That is a great "walk-around" lens. If you have a background in SLR photography, the basics o DSLR are very similar, but DSLRs have many great features so read the manual to uncover them

In case no one else mentioned it, your K-mount lenses will work, as will M24 mounts with an adapter, but you have to "Enable aperture Ring" in the menu.
10-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
That is a great "walk-around" lens. If you have a background in SLR photography, the basics o DSLR are very similar, but DSLRs have many great features so read the manual to uncover them

In case no one else mentioned it, your K-mount lenses will work, as will M24 mounts with an adapter, but you have to "Enable aperture Ring" in the menu.
Thanks, I did a little research on the old m42 lenses before I purchased the new K-70, I have just downloaded the E-book by Yvon Bourque and it looks to be very comprehensive.