Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #1

Hello from Northern England

Hello,

I thought I would join the forum as I am returning to the fray after a few years away. I used to shoot with a K10, but the autofocus died on me and since it was old I decided to get a new camera. However, I elected to pick a Samsung Mirrorless camera which whilst fine has never quite given me the photos I desired.

The reason I went down that route was to save weight hiking, however I've switched to using my iPhone for that anyway. So I thought I would get a new Pentax body as I've got lenses (6 or so) which was a decision between the k70, k3 II and the kp. I went for the k70 - I would have picked the KP, but there were a few things that bothered me about it and it was pretty much twice the price.

I've ordered from a UK site who have bundled it with a 50mm DA prime and a spare battery for the same price as Amazon and other online retailers which I thought was quite good.

Anyway, off to see some Stone Circles in Derbyshire next weekend so hopefully have some shots.

Cheers,

Mark.

10-22-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Pentax.
10-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #3
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello and Welcome
10-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.

10-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark_Gelder Quote
Hello,

I thought I would join the forum as I am returning to the fray after a few years away. I used to shoot with a K10, but the autofocus died on me and since it was old I decided to get a new camera. However, I elected to pick a Samsung Mirrorless camera which whilst fine has never quite given me the photos I desired.

The reason I went down that route was to save weight hiking, however I've switched to using my iPhone for that anyway. So I thought I would get a new Pentax body as I've got lenses (6 or so) which was a decision between the k70, k3 II and the kp. I went for the k70 - I would have picked the KP, but there were a few things that bothered me about it and it was pretty much twice the price.

I've ordered from a UK site who have bundled it with a 50mm DA prime and a spare battery for the same price as Amazon and other online retailers which I thought was quite good.

Anyway, off to see some Stone Circles in Derbyshire next weekend so hopefully have some shots.

Cheers,

Mark.
Welcome.... I'm sure you will like the K-70... I took mine to your part of the world this last summer.!
10-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
Kind regards,
Mark
(New Zealand)
10-23-2017, 01:17 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks all - I'm going to sort through my lenses and things later so I'll update footers and things like that.

QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by Mark_Gelder Quote
Hello,

Cheers,

Mark.
Welcome.... I'm sure you will like the K-70... I took mine to your part of the world this last summer.!

Read more at: Hello from Northern England - PentaxForums.com
Where did you go?

M.

10-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #8
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.
10-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #9

Thanks all - I'm going to sort through my lenses and things later so I'll update footers and things like that.

Where did you go?

M.
We walked the centre section of Hadrian's Wall (Chollerford to Lanercost) and then spent a few days aboard a canal boat out of Sowerby Bridge.
10-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
We walked the centre section of Hadrian's Wall (Chollerford to Lanercost) and then spent a few days aboard a canal boat out of Sowerby Bridge.
"Sowerby Bridge" - that's where I live
10-23-2017, 09:54 PM   #11

"Sowerby Bridge" - that's where I live
Well... small world time!

Check here for some snaps of what might be very familiar scenes then... UK 2017 | Flickr
10-24-2017, 12:36 AM   #12

Original Poster
Ah you went to York too - lovely. Did you go to Jorvik?

The canal is very familiar as it's a good route to walk to Hebden Bridge.
10-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #13

No we didn't make it to Jorvik... and yes we saw a lot of people walking along the tow path... a lot of the time making better progress than we were... opening and closing all those locks really slows you down!
10-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #14

As an aside... my wife's family is from York... hence walking the streets and around the walls... and those of us born along the banks of the Tyne take issue with all you southerners saying you're from Northern England...
10-25-2017, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #15

Original Poster
I've helped a few people through locks and been on a trip myself; it gets tiresome.

I'll let you address the people of Yorkshire and tell them they're southerners!