Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K10 User - New to Forum

Hi All,

Just want to introduce myself - Im Sinan and I currently reside and work in Houston, TX.

I see that there are already some posters here that are regulars in the Dpreview forums too so Hi to everyone old and new! Oh and there is an Edit button! Cool!

I look forward to contributing and gathering good information from this forum! My latest gallery is a slideshow of images I took about 2 weeks ago when I was in San Francisco with my girlfriend. Slide Show: San Francisco

Last edited by sft; 02-20-2007 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Found answers to my questions
02-21-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the site. Always happy to see new K10 owners. Enjoyed you pictures look forward to seeing more.
02-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi Sinan. Pleased to meet you! You've got some nice pictures in your site - from a few of the pics, it looks like you've got a fisheye to go with your K10? Can't wait to see more!
02-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Sinan, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of people here that own a K10, so you won't be lonely!

02-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
sft

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Hi Sinan. Pleased to meet you! You've got some nice pictures in your site - from a few of the pics, it looks like you've got a fisheye to go with your K10? Can't wait to see more!

Oh yes I got the DA10-17 Fisheye - I love that lens - very unique fish eye zoom! It does have a lot of purple fringing but I still love it - its quite sharp and I love the extreme fisheye at 10mm and the very slight fisheye effect at 17mm - maybe one of my favorites. I do see that the new DA*16-50 was just officially announced by Pentax at $899 MSRP. So when the prices drop a little I think thats what I will be replacing my DA18-55 with eventually - $400-500 more costly than the DA16-45 after the rebate but it will hopefully be worth it! A lot of nice new announcement by Pentax today, DA*200, DA*300, DA35, etc.

BTW - you can see all my Pentax equipment in my profile - I will be adding an AF 540 flash soon - as soon as I can find one in stock that is (Adorama, B&H and Beach Camera are where I usually shop from).

Last edited by sft; 02-21-2007 at 06:43 PM.
02-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sft Quote
BTW - you can see all my Pentax equipment in my profile - I will be adding an AF 540 flash soon - as soon as I can find one in stock that is (Adorama, B&H and Beach Camera are where I usually shop from).
Yup, I looked and wow, got yourself a bunch of zoom lenses there! I went the cheap route after getting the fisheye. Great little gem. I'm saving my cash for a flash, now that I've got a few lenses. I'll be buzzing around here to check out the comments, but I've heard some good stuff about the 540.
02-21-2007, 10:37 PM   #7
sft

Original Poster
Yup, I looked and wow, got yourself a bunch of zoom lenses there! I went the cheap route after getting the fisheye. Great little gem. I'm saving my cash for a flash, now that I've got a few lenses. I'll be buzzing around here to check out the comments, but I've heard some good stuff about the 540.
Really you think? Ive only got 3 including the fisheye. One is the cheap but not too bad 18-55 and the other is the also not very expensive but none the less quite decent 50-200. I am going to replace my 18-55 with a higher quality zoom though - probably the DA*16-50 but I will also consider the DA16-45 since the price difference will be $400-500 between the two.

I do want more prime lenses but those will come in the future - I want a high quality WA zoom first. As for primes Ive got the legendary FA50 F1.4 and the DFA100 F2.8 Macro - I think the DA70 is probably the most interesting prime that I dont have - love the pancake design but that wont be anytime soon!! Especially if I indulge in the DA* That said I wouldnt mind a nice tele lens with awesome bokeh too - hmm maybe the future also holds a DA*60-250! Oh oh, I fear I am catching a serious case of LBA!

BTW - yes I read that the AF 540 is an awesome flash - actually my girlfriend will be getting that for me. Lucky!

Last edited by sft; 02-21-2007 at 10:48 PM.
02-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Did I leave zoom in there. lol. Now I know I need to hit the sack! Sorry about that. I try to correct myself where ever I can before hitting "Submit" but really missed that one. Meant to say you've got a good collection of lenses so far.

Oh, lucky you! You've got a good girlfriend!

Gotta go. Goodnight!
02-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
sft

Original Poster
Did I leave zoom in there. lol. Now I know I need to hit the sack! Sorry about that. I try to correct myself where ever I can before hitting "Submit" but really missed that one. Meant to say you've got a good collection of lenses so far.

Oh, lucky you! You've got a good girlfriend!

Gotta go. Goodnight!
Hehe, Thanks! Well thats her in the slideshow I linked to in my first post actually And thats me with my arm around her - LOL. Actually the fisheye is one of my favorite lenses I used it a lot in my San Francisco trip.

Im happy with my collection of lenses so far - but I do really want a high quality WA zoom - while the DA18-55 is OK and good for a less than $100 lens it is my worst lens and since the WA range is commonly used I want to get a good optic - the DA16-45 is very tempting as it has pretty great price/performance ratio IMO - the DA*16-50 will IMO have a little less of that as the cost will be more than double that of the 16-45 but it will probably be worth it over the long run.

The DA*60-250 im not so concerned about - my DA50-200 is decently sharp actually and is an impressive performer for a lens that retails for $250. If anything I would want a DA*60-250 probably as much for the bokeh as for the sharpness. Thats not a high priority though- at all actually - im no pro so the DA50-200 satisfies for now. Id rather get a DA70 first just to have a pancake/limited lens for portraits and bokeh (of course the FA50 satisfies that goal quite superbly too actually! Thats what I call LBA! )

Anyways Im hitting the sack too!

Last edited by sft; 02-22-2007 at 12:08 AM.