Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #1

Pentax K-30

I purchase a Pentax K-30 last week on eBay and I wanted to know if this camera is counterfeit or not here is the serial number 4770745

11-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dean1966 Quote
I purchase a Pentax K-30 last week on eBay and I wanted to know if this camera is counterfeit or not here is the serial number 4770745
I don't think there's such a thing, really. But to be sure, post some pictures of the camera!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2017, 12:13 AM   #3

What makes you think it is counterfeit?
11-23-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hopefully all will be well.

11-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
Here Are A Few Of The Pentax Camera Photos.

Here Are A Few Of The Pentax Camera Photos.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-S1  Photo 
11-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Looks like a perfectly fine K-30 to me! The cap is third party, but otherwise you should be fine. Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-25-2017, 01:49 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi
Looks real to me too. I got mine off eBay 6 months ago, it was a steal. Did it come with a lens? Also, are you planning on keeping it or moving it on? If you are keeping it, check the firmware number. I think the latest is 1.06. Flashing it is easy and worth doing. I have found this to be a tremendous camera and the results are on a par with significantly more expensive Nikons. Also, with a wr lens you have a weather resistant camera. Mine is also blue, I would have loved the white one but it was too cheap to pass up, and anyway, I still love it in blue

11-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #8

Original Poster
Came with the lens which I am selling them on Facebook.But keeping the camera myself.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-S1  Photo 

Last edited by photolady95; 11-26-2017 at 07:38 AM.
11-26-2017, 05:35 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I don't think there's such a thing, really. But to be sure, post some pictures of the camera!
Is The HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm WR is compatible for The Pentax K-30?
11-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yes it is. Most lens made for Pentax or by Pentax work on your K-30. Only screw mount M42 lenses need an adapter.

I have the same color Blue K-30, though mines not as scratched up as yours is.
11-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This one is:
HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED WR Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

This one isn't (aperture will always be wide-open):
HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Adam

12-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Yes it is. Most lens made for Pentax or by Pentax work on your K-30. Only screw mount M42 lenses need an adapter.

I have the same color Blue K-30, though mines not as scratched up as yours is.
Mine is in Excellent Shape.
12-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Mine is in Excellent Shape.
I guess I was talking about the scratches on the bottom and possibly dust.
12-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3rd. party cap

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like a perfectly fine K-30 to me! The cap is third party, but otherwise you should be fine. Looking forward to seeing some pics!
This cap is way better than the original white cap. Had too many white caps which after a while just fall of too easely.
This black one holds tight because it is kind of screwed in like a k-lens. Much better and safer imo.

I even have one of those black ones original made by Pentax (Japan) from an old manual SLR body.
12-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
This cap is way better than the original white cap. Had too many white caps which after a while just fall of too easely.
This black one holds tight because it is kind of screwed in like a k-lens. Much better and safer imo.

I even have one of those black ones original made by Pentax (Japan) from an old manual SLR body.
Those are nice, but they can put wear on the mount contacts. The latest generation caps that started shipping with the K-1 bring the best of both: they mount securely like a lens, but are hollow where the contacts are, so the two never touch. If you use the cap often, I'd recommend getting one of those.

Adam