Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2017, 05:22 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Those are nice, but they can put wear on the mount contacts. The latest generation caps that started shipping with the K-1 bring the best of both: they mount securely like a lens, but are hollow where the contacts are, so the two never touch. If you use the cap often, I'd recommend getting one of those.
Thanks for an important information!

I never realized that pressing down the contacts would wear them down, but of course this is the case.
So this means also, that one should actually never store a body with a lens attached, because this will wear the contacts down as much?!

I have no (online) checked for this latest cap and could find this one:

Gehäusekappe K-Mount

It this the one you mean?

Are you 100% certain that it does not push the contacts down?

12-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
Thanks for an important information!

I never realized that pressing down the contacts would wear them down, but of course this is the case.
So this means also, that one should actually never store a body with a lens attached, because this will wear the contacts down as much?!

I have no (online) checked for this latest cap and could find this one:

Gehäusekappe K-Mount

It this the one you mean?

Are you 100% certain that it does not push the contacts down?
The photo seems to depict a different cap from the front, so I would double check with them. What you are looking for is the "K II body cap". And yes, it definitely doesn't touch the contacts.

As for the lens, it will put some wear on the contacts every time it is mounted and dismounted, so leave it on for storage if you can spare the space. I don't know how this wear would compare to the old body cap.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #18

Original Poster
Help me choose the right filter please?

Which Filter should I choose with my Pentax K-30, Muted, Natural, Bright, Landscape or Portrait?
01-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dean1966 Quote
Which Filter should I choose with my Pentax K-30, Muted, Natural, Bright, Landscape or Portrait?
Bright

01-12-2018, 12:17 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Do you mean in camera settings for colour saturation? If so, mine is on bright but give the really vivid one a try at sunset. OK it is ridiculously loud and you wouldn't keep it on that but it is a bit of fun.
01-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #21

Original Poster
I am referring the settings on my Pentax K30 Camera.
01-13-2018, 02:56 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am referring the settings on my Pentax K30 Camera.
You've got to learn to be more precise .....

.... members here don't use crystall balls ...:-)

You are refering to the "Custom Image" Settings (Pos 1 Camera Symbol).

It is up to you which setting you chose, it depends which outcome you wish for.

Nobody really can answer this for you, it's called "practice" and with such, you gain experience and then you know.

So set it to natural, make some photos, set it to bright and take similar photos and so forth and so on.
Then you compare and you have learned something.