Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another hello

Hi
A little intro
I am new to the world of photography despite being somewhat long in the tooth. My first DSLR is my blue K30 and so far it is fantastic. I admit that I have gone a bit lens crazy and my choices may be a bit odd but they were driven by budget and a lack of self control. The K30 came with the kit 18-55 which Sassoon followed by a smc da 50-200, both of which I really like. The next was pure indulgence, a smc da 35mm. Next came a bargain, a mint manual Pentax 50mm f2 that was too cheap to miss at £20. Next came a Miranda 24mm f2.8, recommended by a pro. My final lens for now is a Pentax 100-300, f4.7, the better version of the three according to the experts, which I hope to pair with a teleconverter. Yep, I know, nuts :0) one thing I have found is that thanks to this camera I am finally seeing the city i have been looking at for years. I love this forum. It has proved to be an invaluable resource. I also love my Pentax and I am convinced I did the right thing in passing on nikon and giving canon a very wide berth. Its good to be here.

11-24-2017, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Any help or advice you may need will be happily given by the members here.
Good to have you aboard.
11-25-2017, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, it seems a spending spree is well underway.