Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #1

Hello from UK

Hello everyone!

Professor Google has been finding lots of useful posts for me to read on the Pentax Forums site, and I've just spent half the afternoon reading some threads (more about that later). Then I discovered that there's a special offer for members on the K-1 e-book, so that was the final trigger for me to join.

I have used Pentax-mount cameras for years, starting with the M42-thread Zenith-E (the one with the photo-cell on the front; this will give you an idea of what I meant by "years") and then the Mamiya-Sekor 500TL. Then I got into the K-mount with the Chinon CE4 which I had for a long time (in fact I still have it). In 2011 (after a couple of Minolta dImage bridge cameras) I returned to the Pentax-mount SLR fold with a real Pentax-made DSLR, the K-x, and replaced it last year with a K-1. I got the latter just after the Brexit vote, having got word of a price rise as the pound fell. (Good move, as it now costs £1999 (GBP) as opposed to £1599 when I bought it - don't get me started on Brexit, which is probably against the forum rules anyway.)

As well as the usual holiday snaps, I try to take acceptable photos of things I'm interested in, including butterflies and plants (especially South African bulbs). So that means I'm into close-ups. Mostly I use a Tamron 18-250mm (APS-C, but works well on the K-1) and a Tamron 90mm macro (FF).

Richard

11-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, re Brexit, I hear that some folk are moving up across the border to be with us...
11-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Greetings from Holland
11-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings Richard, from another Hampshire-dweller.

11-28-2017, 10:05 PM   #5
Closed Account

Hi from Australia Richard, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.