Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2017, 04:42 AM   #1

New Pentax user here

helio everybody

I am new to pentax forums and to pentax brand.
I was a user a micro 4/3 for the last years and I switched to a pentax KP two months ago with the 18-135 zoom.
So far I am very impressed with the image quality I get from the camera. I can see an important difference in quality from my previous system.
I am from Argentina and I like to take pictures from everything that catches my attention. It is a hobby to me.
I also shoot film from time to time.
regards
Ine

12-06-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! You have a great camera to enjoy.
12-06-2017, 05:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to PF! Enjoy!
12-06-2017, 06:03 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see that the KP appealed to a former m4/3 user- Pentax designed that camera with exactly that in mind Happy to hear you're enjoying the image quality.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
ine

Original Poster
thank you

thanks for the welcome.
I plan to add one 35mm prime to keep it compact for street photography. I have been reading about FA 35 f2 and HD 35 f2.8 but not sure yet which one, the HD looks very nice with the kp and the macro would be nice to have, but not sure yet f2 is tempting too.
Regards.
Inés
12-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to both the forum and to photography the Pentax way.
12-06-2017, 10:41 PM - 1 Like   #7
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Inés, and welcome to the Pentax forums and Pentax equipment. Good to have you here.
12-07-2017, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #8

Hey there, Ine! New Pentax user here myself. I was going back and forth for quite a while between MFT and k mount. Thanks for that about the picture quality. That makes me feel better.

12-07-2017, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
5 Days Ago   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ine Quote
thanks for the welcome.
I plan to add one 35mm prime to keep it compact for street photography. I have been reading about FA 35 f2 and HD 35 f2.8 but not sure yet which one, the HD looks very nice with the kp and the macro would be nice to have, but not sure yet f2 is tempting too.
Regards.
Inés
The HD is designed for digital with the newest coatings while the FA is a little faster. Don’t rule out the DA 35 2.4, a great lens some say is nearly identical to the FA optically. It’s also very small and inexpensive. I have the DA and it’s a great lens.
5 Days Ago   #11
ine

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
The HD is designed for digital with the newest coatings while the FA is a little faster. Don’t rule out the DA 35 2.4, a great lens some say is nearly identical to the FA optically. It’s also very small and inexpensive. I have the DA and it’s a great lens.
thanks for the recommendation of a DA 2.4 I will look at it too.
5 Days Ago   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I haven't used the FA 35 but I own the DA 35 f2.4. It does nothing wrong but it's not very "artistic". I would maybe try the FA or go with something like the F or FA 28's. Out of production for a long time now.