Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Another Dutchy

Hi all,

Years ago I started out with my first SLR, the Z-1. Somehow I never got beyond holiday snaps. I have been wanting to get started again for some time, but was waiting for an affordable D-SLR.

After a lot of hesitation I just got the K200D with the 18-55 kit lens. The k20D was a bit to expensive for me (and a waste at my current level of expertise, almost none at all :-) )

So far I love it. My old Sigma 75-300 zoom works just fine with it, I cannot believe how far you can use it out of hand and at low light.

I am also pleasantly surprised how well digital photography under linux has gotten. It took me all of five minutes to find out how to import the raw images in The Gimp.

Next stop, trying how many of my old AF-330FTZ flash features will work with the k200D...

08-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forums.
Before trying your flash, are you sure it is the right voltage for the K200?
08-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the warning! I wasn't aware that could be a problem...

After some hunting on the Pentax site I found this in the k200d faq.

So it seems it will work, but with reduced functionality
08-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Syb
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Roelof!
Welkom op het forum, ook in het Nederlands! You'll enjoy both your Pentax DSLR and this very helpful forum. You did well buying one and subscribing to the other!
Cheers
Syb