Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2019, 07:02 AM   #16
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Arizona USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8
Original Poster
Nice! And the serial number is in that 779xxx range too. I do believe itís original from the factory as well. Itís too perfectly and nicely donít to be otherwise. Thank you so much for sharing!

QuoteOriginally posted by Alepy Quote
Hey guys,

since someone in the thread mentioned it'd be nice if a few more owners of this particular variety posted their gear, I'm going to post mine now

It's a Pentax K1000 SE (without the sticker though), Serial #7790814, featuring
- both the ASAHI and AoCo logos,
- the "Asahi Opt. Co." inscription on the upper rear side,
- this kind of puck left of the prism on the top plate,
- the split-screen and microprism viewfinder, and
- this particularly bespoken diamond-shaped leatherette.

My father got it as a gift from
my uncle in 1997, who bought it back in the late 1970s somewhere in the Chicago, IL, area.

For I read in various forums that some people picked their's from different shops in very different places, like somewhere in Arizona, Colorado etc., I highly doubt that this leatherette is a custom job, but rather a very seldom variant right from the factory.

Cheers and greetings from Germany
AP


---------- Post added 02-06-19 at 07:06 AM ----------

I just saw this! Nice find! Are you going to keep it?

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This one came in a lot I bought on shopgoodwill.com...

779xxxx serial #. Bump on top plate. No stickers though, either SE or Assembled in Hong Kong...The lens was an M 50/2, I think the K 55/1.8 looks nicer on it



02-06-2019, 08:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,747
QuoteOriginally posted by lcerizo Quote
]I just saw this! Nice find! Are you going to keep it?
Of the 5 K1000s I currently own this is probably the one I will keep.
02-07-2019, 02:02 AM   #18
New Member
Alepy's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dinslaken, NRW
Posts: 2
QuoteOriginally posted by lcerizo Quote
I do believe itís original from the factory as well. Itís too perfectly and nicely donít to be otherwise.
Well, according to Wikipedia, we might be right. Quote:

"The K1000 SE is otherwise identical to the regular K1000, except that the SE's from the first two years of production in late 1977 to 1978 used a Black Diamond patterned leatherette (Pre 780XXX serial number) for approximately 2500 units and then a brown leather instead of black after that on the later early SE models."
[Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_K1000]

So, from a total of over three million units, only 2,500 SEís feature this quirky leatherette. Iíd say this is quite rare
However, you know how much you can trust sources like Wikipedia. Particularly this bit quoted above lacks any sort of reference.
03-28-2019, 04:58 AM   #19
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Arizona USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alepy Quote
Well, according to Wikipedia, we might be right. Quote:

"The K1000 SE is otherwise identical to the regular K1000, except that the SE's from the first two years of production in late 1977 to 1978 used a Black Diamond patterned leatherette (Pre 780XXX serial number) for approximately 2500 units and then a brown leather instead of black after that on the later early SE models."
[Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_K1000]

So, from a total of over three million units, only 2,500 SEís feature this quirky leatherette. Iíd say this is quite rare
However, you know how much you can trust sources like Wikipedia. Particularly this bit quoted above lacks any sort of reference.
I think they are rare too LOL! I just happen to have a brown one too that's mentioned in that article. It's super nice as well! And yes...Wikipedia has it's issues, but sometimes they are right ha.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
basics, camera, diamond, factory, k1000, leatherette, love, pattern, plate, post, sticker
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MIJ Pentax K1000 SE Black Diamond Grip and Original 55mm f/2 Value K David General Photography 16 01-14-2018 08:53 AM
K1000 with SE sticker dcbarnard Pentax Film SLR Discussion 17 10-06-2014 04:41 AM
I bought a brown leatherette K1000 SE :) spystyle Pentax Film SLR Discussion 7 04-03-2011 01:40 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top