Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2018, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hey everybody.....

Hi everyone...... I'm new to this forum, so first off, thanks for letting me in. I look forward to reading lots of good stuff here. However, at the moment I have two questions for anyone who can provide some input. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a lens available for my Pentax K-50, that is somewhere around 18mm - 400mm, with a 52mm mount. Something in that range would be great. And...... has anyone tried one of those Pluto Triggers on their Pentax camera. I'd like to know if it works seamlessly with your camera, obviously with a K-50, but any input would be great.
Thanks......
Jeff

01-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome

this chart will help

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

line 2

and this might help too

" In a nutshell

There are several series of Pentax K-mount lenses; the ones currently being produced include the DA (digital), DA L (cheap digital kit), D FA (full-frame, digital optimized), and FA (full-frame) series. While all Pentax K-mount lenses ever produced are compatible with all current Pentax DSLRs (in some cases with restrictions in that not all exposure modes of the camera are supported by old lenses), there are significant differences between each lens series and each has different features. Furthermore some of the newer lenses do not work with older cameras. We'll be exploring the differences between the various K-mount series lenses in this article. "

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

you can find info about lenses by going up to " Lenses " above

and about your camera by going to " Cameras " above

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-10-2018 at 04:02 PM.
01-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by KelownaJeff Quote
Hi everyone...... I'm new to this forum, so first off, thanks for letting me in. I look forward to reading lots of good stuff here. However, at the moment I have two questions for anyone who can provide some input. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a lens available for my Pentax K-50, that is somewhere around 18mm - 400mm, with a 52mm mount. Something in that range would be great. And...... has anyone tried one of those Pluto Triggers on their Pentax camera. I'd like to know if it works seamlessly with your camera, obviously with a K-50, but any input would be great.
Thanks......
Jeff
Here is a list of all Pentax lenses with a 52mm filter thread:
Pentax Lens Search | PentaxForums.com

If you click on the third-party button, you'll also see a list of any current third-party lenses with that filter size (none currently).

BTW, I just thought I would throw this in here, but if you plan to use a UV filter with every lens, that may negatively impact your image quality rather than helping.

Also, I'd recommend posting about the trigger in a separate thread in the DSLR or accessory forum.

Welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to PF Jeff.

QuoteOriginally posted by KelownaJeff Quote
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a lens available for my Pentax K-50, that is somewhere around 18mm - 400mm, with a 52mm mount. Something in that range would be great.
Adam has interpreted this question as relating to the filter thread size (pretty impressive search tool he's created isn't it?). Is that what you mean?

Note that you can get away with using a 52mm filter on a small thread (49mm is very common) by using a cheap step-up adapter ring. You might even get away with using a 52mm filter on a telephoto lens that takes a 58mm filter, using a step-down adapter, but don't bank on it.

If you are asking whether there is a wide-ranging zoom covering 18-400mm, that's another question. Short answer: no. The Tamron 18-400mm f3.5-6.3 isn't available in Pentax K-mount. The widest range in an 18-xxx zoom for K-mount is the Sigma 18-300. If you want a long autofocus lens, running to 400mm or more, there a Sigma 120-400 or 80-400, Sigma 150-500 or 50-500, the Pentax DFA 150-450, or the (hard-to-find and expensive) F*/FA*250-600.

Last edited by Des; 01-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.
01-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Jeff, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you aboard.
01-11-2018, 04:13 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum
01-13-2018, 01:47 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Questions already answered, so I'll just say welcome to the forum.