Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2018, 03:08 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello pentaxforums family!

Hi! I'm 19 years old and I'm currently living in Turkey. I'm an amateur photographer who's been shooting for 2 years. I'm mostly interested in candid street photography, portraits, landscapes and food photography. I just got my first DSLR, Pentax K-3 with PENTAX-DA* 16-50mm F/2.8 lens 3 months ago. I was using a bridge (DSLR-Like) camera before, which is Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR. I learned a lot with it.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this family. I was already watching this forum since the first day I decided to buy a Pentax DSLR. I need to say, you guys are amazing! I see the effort in this forum to inform and inspire people.

Cheers,
Bilal Bozdemir.

01-11-2018, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, Bilal

Some years ago, I used to use a FujiFilm S200EXR too! Actually, a very good camera for it's time - I got some great shots with it (in fact, I still own it - I must dig it out for a bit of fun! ). That said, I'm sure you'll notice a huge jump in capability with the K-3. It's a wonderful camera, and you've picked a splendid lens to go with it.

I have fond memories of holidaying in Turkey. It's a beautiful country. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-11-2018 at 03:27 PM.
01-11-2018, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Hi from Australia Bilal, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.
01-11-2018, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.

01-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #5

Welcome! You will have to take some pictures of the pipe organs that there are in Turkey.
01-11-2018, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums! That Fuji is a good camera to begin with, I’ve bought two for people in the past. The K3 is an amazing camera and I’m looking forward to seeing your shots.
01-11-2018, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome and congratulations on your K-3 and 16-50. That is a great way to start shooting digital, especially with your previous experience.

01-11-2018, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Hi Bilal, welcome to the forum
01-12-2018, 01:50 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I used to share my photos at instagram but i wasn't getting any critics so I thought I'm wasting my time and I deleted my profile. I'm just shooting for my self development and get rid of my daily stress, not to get my photos liked from the same people over and over again. But I would love to hear your advices about websites or platforms that I can share my photos and get quality critics to improve my photography.
Cheers,
Bilal.
01-12-2018, 02:49 AM - 2 Likes   #10
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome Bilal.

Pentax Forums is as good a place as any to get constructive and helpful critiques of your photos. There's a whole forum here devoted to critiquing photos posted by members: Photo Critique - PentaxForums.com You can also get ideas and constructive suggestions (if you ask for them) in the thematic threads, the weekly challenges, and post your photos.

As for photo hosting, Flickr is the site most used by PF members. You don't need to go chasing views and likes there if you don't want to. What many of us do is host our photos on Flickr and then when posting here use the photo from Flickr. That allows anyone who wants to look at the photo at a larger size to view it on Flickr - they can look around at your other photos too.
01-12-2018, 04:12 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Welcome Bilal.

Pentax Forums is as good a place as any to get constructive and helpful critiques of your photos. There's a whole forum here devoted to critiquing photos posted by members: Photo Critique - PentaxForums.com You can also get ideas and constructive suggestions (if you ask for them) in the thematic threads, the weekly challenges, and post your photos.

As for photo hosting, Flickr is the site most used by PF members. You don't need to go chasing views and likes there if you don't want to. What many of us do is host our photos on Flickr and then when posting here use the photo from Flickr. That allows anyone who wants to look at the photo at a larger size to view it on Flickr - they can look around at your other photos too.
Well, that's a good idea. I tried to create an album but the max. res. allowed is 1000x1000
I'll create a Flickr profile then, thanks.
Btw, I didn't know about the Photo Critique - PentaxForums.com so thanks. Can I also share Flickr links to the Photo Critique part of the forum? To view in much larger res.
01-12-2018, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #12

Original Poster
Here, I created a Flickr profile and uploaded some of my shots:
Bilal Bozdemir | Flickr
Waiting for your comments & crititcs.
01-13-2018, 01:51 AM - 1 Like   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some of your imagery around the place.
01-13-2018, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #14
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CandidShot Quote
Here, I created a Flickr profile and uploaded some of my shots:
Bilal Bozdemir | Flickr
Waiting for your comments & crititcs.
Wow. Some very impressive shots there Bilal. You've got a great eye for a photograph.

I'd suggest you post some of these here either in their own thread (Post Your Photos! - PentaxForums.com) or in a suitable thematic thread (Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories - PentaxForums.com). If you want detailed critique of a particular image, post in the critique forum linked above.

The best way to post a photo hosted on Flickr into a post on Pentax Forums is this:
1. Open the photo in your Flickr photostream (or album) that you want to post here.
2. Click the Share button at the bottom. (It looks like an arrow pointing to the right.)
3. Click the tab that says "BBCode"
4. In the drop-down box, select the size photo that you want. Something like 1000 or 1600 on the longer side is usually plenty big enough.
5. Copy the BBCode. If you use the whole code, it will include your name and a text link as well as the photo. I prefer just to copy the first part from the first open url tag to the first close url tag.
6. Paste the code into the post you are creating on PF. It's a good idea to use the "preview post" button to see how it looks before posting.
7. Submit the post and the photo will be displayed.

You can also get BBCodes for multiple photos in an album using this tool: Flickr BB Code thumbnail gallery generator FREE! (If I want to post a series of photos, I often copy them into a temporary album on Flickr and then use this tool to generate BBCode.)

Look forward to your contributions to the forum.
01-14-2018, 02:28 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Wow. Some very impressive shots there Bilal. You've got a great eye for a photograph.

I'd suggest you post some of these here either in their own thread (Post Your Photos! - PentaxForums.com) or in a suitable thematic thread (Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories - PentaxForums.com). If you want detailed critique of a particular image, post in the critique forum linked above.

The best way to post a photo hosted on Flickr into a post on Pentax Forums is this:
1. Open the photo in your Flickr photostream (or album) that you want to post here.
2. Click the Share button at the bottom. (It looks like an arrow pointing to the right.)
3. Click the tab that says "BBCode"
4. In the drop-down box, select the size photo that you want. Something like 1000 or 1600 on the longer side is usually plenty big enough.
5. Copy the BBCode. If you use the whole code, it will include your name and a text link as well as the photo. I prefer just to copy the first part from the first open url tag to the first close url tag.
6. Paste the code into the post you are creating on PF. It's a good idea to use the "preview post" button to see how it looks before posting.
7. Submit the post and the photo will be displayed.

You can also get BBCodes for multiple photos in an album using this tool: Flickr BB Code thumbnail gallery generator FREE! (If I want to post a series of photos, I often copy them into a temporary album on Flickr and then use this tool to generate BBCode.)

Look forward to your contributions to the forum.
Thank you so much for the kind words and detailed help. Much love...