Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2018, 09:24 AM   #1

Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada

Hello all. I have always been a faithful Pentax user starting back in the day with my ME-Super. Life got busy and I had no time for taking pictures. So now with age, things have slowed down and I have decided to continue my passion of photography and moved into the digital world with a few used camera's before moving up to a new one. I have a K10D, K-X and a K20D. I am finding that my old K-mount lens work nicely with a few adjustments...of course.
I just picked up an old Pentax A 35-105mm lens in decent condition but I am looking for a user manual if anyone has one out there that I can get a copy from.

Thanks Mike

01-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, Mike !
Nova Scotia is such a great province full of wonderful places to go for photography.
Where are you in BlueNose country?
01-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum I took a cruise up the St Lawrence river from Montreal visiting your beautiful country on the way down to Boston. One of the best cruises i have taken

Last edited by kjphilippona; 01-12-2018 at 09:53 AM.
01-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Mike, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.

01-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #5

Hello from an Argentinian!
I don't know how old are you Mike, but I'm 31 and I still started in the pentax world with my dad's Mz5n and K1000. Both film cameras. And like you when I decided to try the digital Pentax's I bought a used K100D and that camera changed all I ever thought about photography.

Right now I'm kind of tired of carrying a big camera around for taking photos, but I just stick to small size devices and one or maybe two lenses and I'm good to go.

Canada is definitely on my list of places I want to visit but I'm from the north of Argentina in the border with Brazil, so cold weather is a big barrier for my travels hahaha. I'll have to go on summertime!

I don't have the user manual you requested and I don't know any specific place where to find it, but I'm sure you'll find it. I always just google the full name or model with 'user manual' at the end and is always popping up. So good look with that!

And have a good time around the forum! See ya! 😊
01-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.
01-12-2018, 03:56 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeK20D Quote
Hello all. I have always been a faithful Pentax user starting back in the day with my ME-Super. Life got busy and I had no time for taking pictures. So now with age, things have slowed down and I have decided to continue my passion of photography and moved into the digital world with a few used camera's before moving up to a new one. I have a K10D, K-X and a K20D. I am finding that my old K-mount lens work nicely with a few adjustments...of course.
I just picked up an old Pentax A 35-105mm lens in decent condition but I am looking for a user manual if anyone has one out there that I can get a copy from.

Thanks Mike
Welcome to the forums and I second what was already said about your living in a beautiful and photogenic province. Have been a happy visitor a couple times but not since I picked up photography.
01-12-2018, 07:16 PM   #8

Welcome eh! You will learn a lot from these forums. Be sure to post some Nova Scotia pictures.

01-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #9
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum....
01-13-2018, 01:52 AM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada
Welcome to the forum from "Old Scotland".
01-13-2018, 05:11 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard Mike It's good to know another Pentax user here in the province
01-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #12
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello all. . . I have a K10D, K-X and a K20D. I am finding that my old K-mount lens work nicely with a few adjustments...of course.

Thanks Mike
Welcome

can't help with the owner's manual on the lens but perhaps these might help some time

your camera bodies are on line 4 and 5

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
01-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Welcome aboard, Mike !
Nova Scotia is such a great province full of wonderful places to go for photography.
Where are you in BlueNose country?
Thanks. I am 30 minutes north of Halifax. It is a beautiful place for sure.

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 01:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NS_Sailor Quote
Welcome aboard Mike It's good to know another Pentax user here in the province
Thanks. It definitely is good to know another Pentax user. Maybe we can get a coffee sometime.

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 01:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum I took a cruise up the St Lawrence river from Montreal visiting your beautiful country on the way down to Boston. One of the best cruises i have taken
Thanks. Definitely lots of photo opportunities.

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 01:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Welcome

can't help with the owner's manual on the lens but perhaps these might help some time

your camera bodies are on line 4 and 5

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
Thanks. Good info.

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 02:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi from Australia Mike, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.
Thanks for the welcome. Would love to visit Australia some day.

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 02:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Matias_baez Quote
Hello from an Argentinian!
I don't know how old are you Mike, but I'm 31 and I still started in the pentax world with my dad's Mz5n and K1000. Both film cameras. And like you when I decided to try the digital Pentax's I bought a used K100D and that camera changed all I ever thought about photography.

Right now I'm kind of tired of carrying a big camera around for taking photos, but I just stick to small size devices and one or maybe two lenses and I'm good to go.

Canada is definitely on my list of places I want to visit but I'm from the north of Argentina in the border with Brazil, so cold weather is a big barrier for my travels hahaha. I'll have to go on summertime!

I don't have the user manual you requested and I don't know any specific place where to find it, but I'm sure you'll find it. I always just google the full name or model with 'user manual' at the end and is always popping up. So good look with that!

And have a good time around the forum! See ya! 😊
Thanks. Argentina must be a nice place for photography. Hopefully you will make it to Canada some day.

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 02:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Welcome to the forums.
Thanks!

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 02:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Welcome to the forums and I second what was already said about your living in a beautiful and photogenic province. Have been a happy visitor a couple times but not since I picked up photography.
Thanks. You'll have to come back and get some pictures....

---------- Post added 01-13-18 at 02:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GMounk Quote
Welcome eh! You will learn a lot from these forums. Be sure to post some Nova Scotia pictures.
Thanks. I used to live near Port Perry, Ontario. I'll post some pictures once I get used to the forum....