Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2018, 08:45 PM - 1 Like   #1

*k-sh,k-sh,k-sh,k-sh* Ta-daa! A shiny new HDR image has arrived!

Okay, so that was a little silly, but hi!

Figured that I'd make some effort to poke my nose in and introduce myself, with fair warning that I'm generally quite quiet on forums.

Picked up my first DSLR the other day, a Pentax K-70, so I expect the learning curve to be steep but enjoyable. Previously, I've only taken digital photos on my phone (LG Keybo, Nexus 4, and most recently a Nexus 6P) or on a point-and-shoot digital camera (an Olympus, I forget the name, but it was a cheap older model anyway, one of the 8mp ones for $90 off the shelf). Otherwise, I had point-and-shoot 35mm cameras, disposables, and anything I could get my hands on to use, and a Ricoh XR-S 35mm SLR.

It was actually my personal experience with the Ricoh XR-S coupled with my university's use of Pentax P-90s in the illustration/design program (though, now they use newer models) that informed my choice to move to the Pentax build of DSLRs. So far, I'm quite happy with it. A single lens, but more will come as time goes on!

Oh yeah, who am I! Right, right.

I am a writer, an editor, a teacher (in Japan for the time being), a completely self-taught photographer ( instagram: escapistcat for just my basic pics a la cells listed earlier), and a computer enthusiast.

I figured I'd attach a couple photos of carved pumpkins that my brother, a mutual friend, and I made a couple years back. I am pretty sure these photos were taking on the Olympus camera.

Anyway! Hullo!

---------- Post added 2018-01-14 at 13:05 ----------

Oops! Ricoh XR-2s!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FE280,X820,C520  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
FE280,X820,C520  Photo 
01-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tankenka Quote
Okay, so that was a little silly, but hi!

You will fit in with many members here. Welcome to the Pentax forums from Australia, good to have you aboard.
01-14-2018, 06:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum
01-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy your time with us all here.