Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello Pentax users

Greetings from Montreal, Canada. I've been taking pictures for 50 + years. Never made much money doing it but always enjoyed it as a hobby. The move from film to digital was fantastic. Love the opulence of unlimited picture taking and being able to instantly see my image. I've owned around twenty different cameras over 50 years. I've really enjoyed my K-S2 (white) since last Sept. My first Pentax as far as I can recall. I also have a Canon T5i and a Sony a6000, and some film cameras that are obsolete, all of which are for sale!!! Where I live Pentax is not nearly as popular as Canon and Nikon and even Sony. I don't know why because the K-S2 is fantastic. What's popular where you live? I'm looking forward to the forums. Brian

01-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
Closed Account

Hi from Australia Brian, and welcome to the Pentax forums and Pentax equipment. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix. Good to have you here.
01-13-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome aboard. Good to have you
01-14-2018, 06:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum

01-14-2018, 06:58 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Hey from just down the road near Algonquin Park. As far as we can tell, Pentax cameras are not really popular anywhere except Japan. In my 10 years of living near the park, shooting in the park 20-40 days a year, I see a lot of great camera gear. And I've seen maybe 5 other Pentax's and one of those was a forum member at a meet up. Yesterday on a slow day Probably saw 6 other photographers with at least $15,000 in gear.
01-14-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi from Australia Brian, and welcome to the Pentax forums and Pentax equipment. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix. Good to have you here.
Thank you!
01-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
Welcome aboard. Good to have you
Thank you!

01-14-2018, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
Welcome to the forum
Thank you!

---------- Post added 01-14-18 at 08:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Hey from just down the road near Algonquin Park. As far as we can tell, Pentax cameras are not really popular anywhere except Japan. In my 10 years of living near the park, shooting in the park 20-40 days a year, I see a lot of great camera gear. And I've seen maybe 5 other Pentax's and one of those was a forum member at a meet up. Yesterday on a slow day Probably saw 6 other photographers with at least $15,000 in gear.
Hi, I've driven by Algonquin Park but never visited. Looks picturesque from the photos I've seen. It's unfortunate Pentax isn't more popular here. Some camera shops here carry a few cameras and lenses but not much compared to Canon & Nikon. Looking forward to viewing your gallery. (APS-c is a good compromise!!!)
01-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brjs Quote
Thank you!

---------- Post added 01-14-18 at 08:39 AM ----------

Hi, I've driven by Algonquin Park but never visited. Looks picturesque from the photos I've seen. It's unfortunate Pentax isn't more popular here. Some camera shops here carry a few cameras and lenses but not much compared to Canon & Nikon. Looking forward to viewing your gallery. (APS-c is a good compromise!!!)
You can search the different posts I put up but my flickr account is a better option for seeing what I'm shooting currently.
Norm Head | Flickr
01-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by brjs Quote
Where I live Pentax is not nearly as popular as Canon and Nikon and even Sony.
Welcome to the forum, I think that's pretty much the same world over, that's what makes us special here.
01-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, I think that's pretty much the same world over, that's what makes us special here.
Couldn't agree more!!!!!!
01-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #12

Hello from Montreal ! Montreal south shore but still not too far.

There seems to be some popularity to fuji in Montreal recently, many are hipsters from what I've seen. Pentax are not often spotted. I've been asked if it was an old film camera when walking around with my silver k1. I said yes
01-17-2018, 06:04 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
They do not realize how chic Pentax cameras are!!
01-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #14

They do have some retro chic going one.