Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2018, 01:11 AM   #1

Hi all from queensland Australia

Hi all,

Here to introduce myself. Am an enthusiast looking to further develop my skills with camera in hand. Haven't owned a film camera since the 80's and recall it was a Yashica, model unknown

I firstly want to point out that I do not own a Pentax Camera, instead I have an Olympus OMD E-M1, with 3 or 4 lenses.

But.......I have read these pages with some fabulous reviews and thoughts on some Pentax lenses, particularly the SMC series.

I'm now looking at a few lenses I can adapt to my camera with of course a suitable adapter.

I am trying to decide between the K Pentax SMC 28mm f3.5 or the SMC 30mm f2.8. Hope to contribute down the track, but will read up and take the plunge on one or the other.

Chris

01-22-2018, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Melbourne Chris, and welcome to the Pentax forums. I think you will enjoy the Pentax lenses. Good to have you aboard.
01-22-2018, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi from a fellow Queenslander, Chris. There are quite a few of us scattered around the south east corner of Queensland - and a sizeable Aussie contingent. Enjoy those Pentax lenses. Anything you need to know I am sure you can find it here.
01-22-2018, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there's certainly some fine older Pentax glass out there... "knock yersel oot".

01-23-2018, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum
01-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks all for the welcome.

Purchased my first Pentax in the SMC 30mm f2.8 K mount, and an adapter to suit.

Now have my eyes on an Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55 mm F/1.8, which will require a M42 adapter.

Will post pics in appropriate forums when I have them in hand.

Do most of you guys here still use film? Or are there a smattering of digital converts like me?
01-23-2018, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #7
Ash
Community Manager

Welcome here mate. Another Queenslander here. Lots of good company on the forum.
Also good to see an avid Super Tak user. No more film for me - no time for it, leave alone for photography nowadays. But Pentax caters for all. Enjoy the forum.
01-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by soundfanz Quote
Thanks all for the welcome.

Purchased my first Pentax in the SMC 30mm f2.8 K mount, and an adapter to suit.

Now have my eyes on an Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55 mm F/1.8, which will require a M42 adapter.

Will post pics in appropriate forums when I have them in hand.

Do most of you guys here still use film? Or are there a smattering of digital converts like me?
Haven't shot film since the 80's