Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2018, 01:11 AM   #1

Hi all from queensland Australia

Hi all,

Here to introduce myself. Am an enthusiast looking to further develop my skills with camera in hand. Haven't owned a film camera since the 80's and recall it was a Yashica, model unknown

I firstly want to point out that I do not own a Pentax Camera, instead I have an Olympus OMD E-M1, with 3 or 4 lenses.

But.......I have read these pages with some fabulous reviews and thoughts on some Pentax lenses, particularly the SMC series.

I'm now looking at a few lenses I can adapt to my camera with of course a suitable adapter.

I am trying to decide between the K Pentax SMC 28mm f3.5 or the SMC 30mm f2.8. Hope to contribute down the track, but will read up and take the plunge on one or the other.

Chris

01-22-2018, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Melbourne Chris, and welcome to the Pentax forums. I think you will enjoy the Pentax lenses. Good to have you aboard.
01-22-2018, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi from a fellow Queenslander, Chris. There are quite a few of us scattered around the south east corner of Queensland - and a sizeable Aussie contingent. Enjoy those Pentax lenses. Anything you need to know I am sure you can find it here.
01-22-2018, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there's certainly some fine older Pentax glass out there... "knock yersel oot".

01-23-2018, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum
01-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks all for the welcome.

Purchased my first Pentax in the SMC 30mm f2.8 K mount, and an adapter to suit.

Now have my eyes on an Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55 mm F/1.8, which will require a M42 adapter.

Will post pics in appropriate forums when I have them in hand.

Do most of you guys here still use film? Or are there a smattering of digital converts like me?
01-23-2018, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome here mate. Another Queenslander here. Lots of good company on the forum.
Also good to see an avid Super Tak user. No more film for me - no time for it, leave alone for photography nowadays. But Pentax caters for all. Enjoy the forum.

01-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soundfanz Quote
Thanks all for the welcome.

Purchased my first Pentax in the SMC 30mm f2.8 K mount, and an adapter to suit.

Now have my eyes on an Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55 mm F/1.8, which will require a M42 adapter.

Will post pics in appropriate forums when I have them in hand.

Do most of you guys here still use film? Or are there a smattering of digital converts like me?
Haven't shot film since the 80's
12-13-2022, 09:20 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums. I only just joined myself.

As a long-time Olympus diehard (E-M5, E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M1X) with too many lenses, I would suggest looking for lens reviews that emphasize centre sharpness. Remember, you will only be using the middle 25% of the lens (PK) on an E-M1.
In terms of off-brand, I have only adapted EF lenses (with a speedbooster) to my Olys, with surprisingly good results.

Feel free to ask me questions WRT the E-M1 and adapting lenses.
12-14-2022, 08:38 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just a note, Bear... this thread is more than 2 years old, and the original poster ("OP" in our shorthand) hasn't participated in any discussions in that time. Generous of you to offer help, might be more useful in another discussion area.