Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2018, 06:01 AM - 1 Like   #1

Checking in

Hi all! I'm a long time Pentax Shooter. Started out with a ZX-7 film camera, and have had a few different dSLR's. Right now, I've got a trusty K10D and just recently picked up a K3ii. With the new acquisition, I figured it was time I joined the community. I mostly shoot sports and wildlife stuff, especially car racing. My dad had a K1000 when I was young, so I've always been a Pentaxian. He now has a K7, and also recently stepped up to a K3ii. It just made sense to continue to use the collection of lenses we have amassed between the two of us.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys, this seems like a great place.

01-26-2018, 06:10 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome

years ago ( early 90's ) I went to Road America to try to photograph F 1 and got some good photos as the cars slowed for the corners

photos are long gone now but the memories remain

F1 Car Road America

can't wait to see your contributions to the forums
01-26-2018, 06:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums!
01-26-2018, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by sn95nik Quote
Hi all! I'm a long time Pentax Shooter. Started out with a ZX-7 film camera, and have had a few different dSLR's. Right now, I've got a trusty K10D and just recently picked up a K3ii. With the new acquisition, I figured it was time I joined the community. I mostly shoot sports and wildlife stuff, especially car racing. My dad had a K1000 when I was young, so I've always been a Pentaxian. He now has a K7, and also recently stepped up to a K3ii. It just made sense to continue to use the collection of lenses we have amassed between the two of us.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys, this seems like a great place.
Welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Welcome

years ago ( early 90's ) I went to Road America to try to photograph F 1 and got some good photos as the cars slowed for the corners

photos are long gone now but the memories remain

F1 Car Road America

can't wait to see your contributions to the forums
Road America is my home track! Such an awesome place. Too bad they keep putting more and more catch fence, it makes it really hard to get unobstructed photos.
01-26-2018, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Road America is my home track! Such an awesome place. Too bad they keep putting more and more catch fence, it makes it really hard to get unobstructed photos.
I have an autographed photo of Walter Payton #34 which I took as he raced in the Trans Am series there

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/348562-...lp-sought.html

I also took photos at Canada Corner

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-26-2018 at 10:04 AM.
01-26-2018, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum
01-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Checking in
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.

« Hello | Hello »