Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the members of this forum are amazing

OP's post seeking help - time stamp ( for me at least ) 10:40

ID made 16:45 [ 4:45 PM ]

01-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Sorry can't help with the lens identification, but welcome to the forum.
Thanks
01-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Certainly a Minolta SR-mount lens with the MD aperture tab.

Glassless adapters exist for SR-mount lenses to be used on mirrorless cameras, but SLR adapters require a corrective element to maintain infinity focus. This makes the adapter a short tele-converter. No adapters exist for M42 because the mount opening is too narrow.

If you really want to use the lens you can pick up a Minolta MD body really cheap. Most body's seem to sell for less than $50 without a lens...

Last edited by boriscleto; 01-27-2018 at 05:12 PM.
01-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #19
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shooter1 Quote
Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post pics here yet.
Hi Shooter1, there are 2 methods of posting images on the forums. Directly from your computer, and from your gallery or attachments once they have been downloaded already. Here are a couple of screenshots of the different methods. Good luck.

Attached Images

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 01-27-2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Adjust screenshots
01-27-2018, 09:40 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shooter1 Quote
The lens Mount isn't threaded. It has one little prong, but no threads. It appears that you would put the lens to the body of camera, and then turn it slightly to attach it. Again I apologise that I can't get pics on here.
I guess that pretty much says it all. No threads means no fit. Your lens has what is called a "bayonet"* mount

That being said, your camera is compatible with an amazing number of vintage lenses in M42 screw mount. If you don't have a copy of the manual yet, it is available for free download from the Butkus site (donation appreciated)...

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/chinon/cs-4/cs-4.htm

Have fun!

Steve

* It attaches similarly to how a soldier fixes a bayonet to a rifle.