Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2018, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Long-time Pentax User - Short-time PentaxForums Member

I learned photography using a Pentax K-1000 shortly after getting married. I purchased two Pentax SF-1 camera bodies - one for my wife and one for me. (The Nikons I looked at didn't have a viewfinder diopter, but Pentax did.) Unfortunately, my wife didn't get the shutter bug, so I had two cameras! Only in the past 2.5 years did I get into digital once Pentax had a 25 megapixel camera (K-3). I should have known that the camera was going to get an upgrade when it went on sale.... and then the K-3 II was out. I have a gym bag full of negatives - a project and a half for when I'm retired. I shoot with Pentax and Sigma lenses.

Love shooting macro, birds (especially the Great Blue Heron and hummingbirds), night photography, sports, and candid photography. Starting to get into portraiture. Because I learned shooting slides and negatives, I am apparently classified as an "old school photographer." I prefer to get everything right in camera. I don't own PhotoShop nor LightRoom (yet.) I also can capture the right moment without resorting to burst mode.

Yes, I have bought stuff recently at Adorama and B&H - I love the videos they post on YouTube, which have been helpful in getting up to speed with histograms and white balance. I also support Canadian camera stores.

I'm looking forward to being a PentaxForums Member!

02-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My ex-sister-in-law used to live in Milton, over in the Bronte Creek flood plain. Nice house but she couldn't get a permit to even do minor alterations.. Been there many times. Welcome to the forum.
02-01-2018, 09:38 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.
02-02-2018, 04:09 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum

02-02-2018, 04:52 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome

I am sure you will enjoy yourself here
02-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My ex-sister-in-law used to live in Milton, over in the Bronte Creek flood plain. Nice house but she couldn't get a permit to even do minor alterations.. Been there many times. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks.

My wife's family have a cottage near Sprucedale on Round Lake - right in your neck of the woods. I'll be trying some more astrophotography up there in the summer. There are a few dark sky areas nearby.
02-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer.
02-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the welcome!