Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2018, 04:02 AM   #1

Hello from California

Hello all! 😊 I am Tears and happy to be here. I am looking forward to meeting, sharing, and especially learning how to use my Pentax ZX7 camera manually. I have a lifelong love of photographs and have owned a few point and shoots growing up. I originally purchased my first 35mm camera, the ZX7, around 1997 to take photos of my son playing football from the stands. Lol, I never didn't get any of those shots, but I did take lots of great family photos over the years until my beloved camera was stolen in 2007. I purchased another ZX7 shortly thereafter on eBay butt was not happy with the performance of that camera and my love for taking pictures has been at rest ever since. The last few weeks I have been searching for another ZX7 and found one that just arrived today! 😀 It appears to be in excellent condition. I was just a little surprised when I went to Walmart and was told they no longer carry the CR2 batteries.

What I really want to do is learn how to use this camera in the manual mode. I have checked my area for film classes and everything is for digital. I think I am going to purchase a nice digital camera next to photograph and take video of my nephew playing basketball from the stands ☺️. Any suggestions on instruction to manually use my camera would be greatly appreciated...even a good digital camera for beginners. Thanks...have a wonderful day, afternoon, or night depending on where you are! 😎

02-13-2018, 04:34 AM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Tears,

Welcome to the forums, there's plenty of film shooters around here so if you can't find an answer to a question after searching the forums don't be afraid to ask.

Tas
02-13-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Tears, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.
02-13-2018, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
G'day Tears,

Welcome to the forums, there's plenty of film shooters around here so if you can't find an answer to a question after searching the forums don't be afraid to ask.

Tas
Thank you Tas...love your pics, beautiful!

---------- Post added 02-13-18 at 10:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi from Australia Tears, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.
Thank you, pjv...I saw your pansy and thought he looked like a little man, then I saw the title. 😊

02-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome! I am all about the DSLR, I have not shot film in maybe 20 years. I like the K-5. Lets see some of your shots. Good to meet you.

Jack
02-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Welcome aboard! All Pentax DSLRs are capable of full manual shooting.

If you want to get a new camera, I'd recommend the K-70. It's a really good value and brings exceptional image quality. The K-S2 which came before it would work, too.

Second-hand, you could get a K-5 or K-5 II, which is an older but very durable body which still has pretty good image quality alongside the latest and greatest.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.
02-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, enjoy your new camera once you get it up and running again.

02-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Hi Tears, welcome to the forum