Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum

02-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! The K-1’s a fine camera by all accounts. I’d very much endorse what Norm said about finding a lens you love, then finding a body to put on it. That’s what happened to me; I got the 20-40 Limited (APS-c) for my K-5, and then itched to see what a better body could do with it. So I got the K-3II and it’s a perfect match - K-5-like handling and build with better internals which shows the lens off to best advantage. With the K-1, you have a selection from the Pentax range of lenses which IMHO are not bettered by any maker, camera or third party.
02-17-2018, 03:39 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
That's an excellent quote and equally excellent advice
What Norm and Big Mack said. Find your ideal lens first. I bought my A* 400 F2.8 in 1995 and have never really looked to buy a different camera system since then. With the K-3II, 1.4 XL and the AF 1.7 adaptor the lens is good for as long as I can carry it around!...my next camera body will be some version of the K1.....
02-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CP1 Quote
it looks like now they've lost more ground than ever with lenses
Welcome to the forum, I really lucky as this has not been an issue for me, as I'm still using older glass that's giving all I need from my K1s just now, like this example.