Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #1

Greetings from a French member (and long time lurker).

Hello everyone.

Finally, here comes the need to introduce myself and finally contribute to this great forum.
I registered here in 2013 already, and spent some time lurking.
How I feel sorry about that...

But I did not have strong photographic activity in recent years, and the participation to my usual French forums was enough for me.

So I'm 40 years old, live in centre / western part of France, in a village not too far from Paris.
I started photography at the age of 15 with the Praktica camera given by my dad.
Aroud 2007 I acquired a Spotmatic and completed my gear with two Takumar lenses, there began a love affair with vintage Pentax gear.
Soon after I started to develop my own B & W negatives after I realised the photographic shop nearby butchered the photos (and for the price ratio too).
Sadly, due to the lack of money, I could not acquire the DSLR of my dreams ; a *Ist DS or *ist DL.
So continued photography, analog only, essentially with my Praktica.

Then later changed professional orientation, got a new job and bought a K-m as soon as it was available.
So the "Practicaist" became a Pentaxian (in France we say pentaxiste).

Now I got more involved, recently acquired a used K-5 to supplement my old trusty K-m and Spotmatics.
I hope making better photographs with all the gear acquired recently.

Last edited by Praktica*ist; 03-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.
03-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! The K-5 still is a very capable camera. Good to have you particapating here.
03-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum
03-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums. The Pentax K-5 is capable of very nice images. Happy shooting!

03-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #5
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia, and welcome ( at last !! ) to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.
03-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Praktica*ist Quote
I registered here in 2013 already
Welcome aboard now that we all know your there, five years is quite a while out there in the the lurking wilderness...
03-04-2018, 08:36 AM   #7

Original Poster
Feel bad about that. I've been lurking the news and the gear reviews from the members, mostly.
And not been terribly active on the internet in the last years, plus the language barrier.
I have taken a good resolution for this year : less lurking, more photos, more participation.

Thank you all, for the warm reception.
03-04-2018, 08:50 AM   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Praktica*ist Quote
Feel bad about that. I've been lurking the news and the gear reviews from the members, mostly.
And not been terribly active on the internet in the last years, plus the language barrier.
I have taken a good resolution for this year : less lurking, more photos, more participation.

Thank you all, for the warm reception.
no apology necessary for reading and gaining knowledge from the forum regardless of how you chose to do it

glad to see that you will be contributing directly and I am looking forward to see what you add to our group