Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #1

Greeting and Pentax K100D Shake Reduction not working

Hi everyone,

I'm new at this so please bare with me. I have a Pentax K100D that I purchased from eBay. It looks to be in good condition and takes very good pictures. I've had a for about a year now and I just noticed that the shake reduction has a not line going through it when I press the "info" button. Both the "Swtch dst mar pt" and the "Shake Reduction" in Rec Mode are greyed out. I checked to make sure the camera is not on remote and the SR switch is on, yet nothing. I even removed the lens and press the shutter but nothing. Can anyone please help me? Thank you.

03-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would recommend posting in the need help area Wendo. I do not own a K100 so cannot help with your question. When you post your question, list settings such as mode, A, P AV? and anything not set at default since certain settings will grey out certain options like SR. on The K-50 the 2 second delay with mirror up will disable SR when that is the shooting mode.
03-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Wendo Quote
Hi everyone,

I'm new at this so please bare with me. I have a Pentax K100D that I purchased from eBay. It looks to be in good condition and takes very good pictures. I've had a for about a year now and I just noticed that the shake reduction has a not line going through it when I press the "info" button. Both the "Swtch dst mar pt" and the "Shake Reduction" in Rec Mode are greyed out. I checked to make sure the camera is not on remote and the SR switch is on, yet nothing. I even removed the lens and press the shutter but nothing. Can anyone please help me? Thank you.
Is the self timer on by any chance? In addition to remote there should be other drive modes that don't support it, though I can't remember for sure with the K100D.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you

Thanks for the responses. I tried it on all the modes and the self timer isn't on. I will take your suggestion and post this on help. Thanks again.

03-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You could try resetting the camera to factory defaults. You may have inadvertently set it to a mode where SR isn't supported.

Last edited by paulh; 03-19-2018 at 12:21 PM.
03-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Lots of good advice, hope your issue now resolved, welcome to the forum.