Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #1

Greetings from Portugal!!

Hi everyone!!
I'm Luís, curious in this thing of photography, from Portugal!!
Hope you are all well and having your cameras taking all the best shots to be imortalized!!
I currently do not own a Pentax, although I'm thinking about buying a used one!! Just found one for sale around my location, a Pentax K20D with a 18-55mm Pentax lense!! What do you all think?? Is it a good one to start learning some photography tricks?? I want something durable and with an actuall good quality for the price and was told this one is exactly that!!
Thanks um advance and keep shooting!!

04-03-2018, 11:46 PM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia Luis, and welcome to the Pentax forums. The K20D is an excellent camera to learn with. It was the " Flagship " Pentax body when it came out.
Any help or advice you may need with anything Pentax/photographic will be happily given by the members here. Good to have you aboard.
04-04-2018, 03:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums
04-04-2018, 07:37 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi from Australia Luis, and welcome to the Pentax forums. The K20D is an excellent camera to learn with. It was the " Flagship " Pentax body when it came out.
Any help or advice you may need with anything Pentax/photographic will be happily given by the members here. Good to have you aboard.
Thank you!! I was told it was a tank of a camera The guy is asking 250€ for it, with a battery grip and the 18-55mm Pentax SMC lens and I was told it was a good deal, even better if I could bargain the price a little bit... Was looking to a Sony a350 from the same seller, for 150€ but it didn't even had a Sony lens so now I'm focused on the Pentax!! Will go out to see it today and maybe bring her home

04-04-2018, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kjphilippona Quote
Welcome to the forums
Thank you so much
04-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax forums. I had a K-20D, and it is capable of very nice images. I took some with my Pentax 18-55 AL II and they turned out really well. If you do not get the K-20D, you may also want to consider a Pentax K-5, which is slightly more advanced than the K-20D.

Good luck.
04-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, my K20Ds served me well... all the way until the K1s arrived.