Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2018, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Hungary

Greetings!

I'm just a noob who always dreamed of becoming a photographer, but could never afford it. The best camera I ever owned was a Fuji compact digital camera - DSLRs or film photography were unreachable for a poor kid like me. When my Fuji got so old and worn that a crap phone's camera would do a better job I had to quit, and keep dreaming about getting a DSLR one day. This was 6-8 years ago or so.

Finally a month ago I borrowed a K-50 long term from a friend who had it laying around and collecting dust, with a kit lens and two old Chinon manual lenses (A zoom tele and an 50mm prime) and now I'm trying to learn the basics with them.

As such I don't really have much to show yet.

As for things other than photography, I'm a full time digital artist in the process of building up a business.

Don't expect too much activity from me just yet, but hopefully once I can devote more time to photography, and have some stuff to show I'll be more active.

04-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.
04-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax forums.
05-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
Kind regards,
Mark
(New Zealand)

05-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife and I were actually going to visit Hungary and Romania this year, but it was a group outing that fell through because of circumstances outside our control. Maybe we'll get another chance soon. At least, even if we're otherwise stereotypically ignorant Yankees, we do understand about Budapest and Bucharest being different places.

Hope you enjoy it here!
05-05-2018, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
even if we're otherwise stereotypically ignorant Yankees, we do understand about Budapest and Bucharest being different places.
HAHA! Bonus points for you then! XD

If you come here tho be careful, tons of scams aimed at tourists, also thieves and muggers.

Avoid run-down areas and especially District VIII of Budapest and be alert if you see gangs of gypsies, even if they are only kids, if you don't want to end up surrounded and at knife point. Only ever use taxis from large companies, the small and private taxis are likely going to scam you, either going in circles and rigging the meter to charge you 10-20 times inflated price, or taking you to bars where they will charge you $5000 worth of Forints for a glass of beer. Generally avoid bars if you ask me, and always check bills everywhere, convert prices to Dollars with your phone before paying to get an idea. It should cost significantly less than what you would expect in the USA, eg. 250-500 Ft ($1-2) for a glass of beer, 350-600 Ft ($1.5-2) for a burger - if you go to a fancy place, $4-6 for a main dish. Keep to busy areas after dark, and always keep your cameras and other valuables safely in your bag and your bag within your sight. Take off and hug backpacks in large crowds eg. on public transport.
« Hi!! | Film shooter »