Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2018, 06:23 AM   #1

greetings from Fun Land

I own a Ricoh GR II which I love but don't shoot nearly as often.

I run a publishing company and am very interested in artistic photos, as well as young women scantily clad that men enjoy looking at (no nudity though.)

I am receiving a open box 645Z and a few lenses that I got on eBay and very excited about medium format.

My favorite cameras otherwise are Sony A7Riii, but deeper in my heart is the Foveon Sigma cameras, as I own an SD Quattro H, which is very much like medium format in the way the images speak to me.

Glad to be here.

04-24-2018, 06:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go to Flickr. Find Christopher Rankin (LeRolls here in the forum). His shots of the models he shoots are stunning and a great example of Pentax in the wild.
04-24-2018, 08:05 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Go to Flickr. Find Christopher Rankin (LeRolls here in the forum). His shots of the models he shoots are stunning and a great example of Pentax in the wild.
Thank you...OMG, they are gorgeous photos! Much appreciate the tip!
04-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #4

Original Poster
BTW, my favorite photographer for artsy stuff is David Lachepelle.

And I love Alex Webb and Garry Winogrand...among others...

04-24-2018, 08:45 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GreatFrog Quote
I am receiving a open box 645Z and a few lenses
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the that camera once you get hands on.
04-24-2018, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
thank you! I do look forward to the GR III, haha...Pentax/Ricoh is very confused right now...But the GR II has in my opinion the best user experience and photo quality similar to the same market as Leica M...
04-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #7

Original Poster
Got my 645Z and I'm kinda blown away.

It isn't as heavy as I expected. Of course, this is with the 75mm.

This is my first Digital SLR of any kind, as I've only shot mirrorless since digital, and film before that (Minolta).

The resolution is staggering and the high ISO function is really extraordinary. I'm going to see how it all works out in post and get used to it and then I'll have a longer report.

Thank you.