Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2018, 02:29 PM   #1

Hi from The Netherlands

Since about a year i own a K-1 which i purchased with the HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70 mm F2.8 ED SDM WR.
Last week i added the HD PENTAX-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW

The reason i joined this forum is because of an issue i have with the 70-200 lens.
So, first i checked the forum for similar issues and replied to one of the posts:

Tiny circular movement between body and lens when mounted - PentaxForums.com

Hope to find the help i need to solve my problem.

Otherwise i'm one happy Pentaxian.
Cheers,
Jack

05-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, Jack.

So long as the movement is only rotational, it's really nothing to worry about at all (if you can rock the lens back and forth due to an actual gap between the lens mount and the camera, that's different).

Rotational movement can happen if the locking hole on the lens mount is slightly bigger than the locking pin on the camera, or if there is some amount of lateral "play" in that pin, or even due to tiny manufacturing tolerances on the rear flanges of the lens mount. It's also more likely to happen with certain lens mount finishes (especially those that are highly polished and have absolutely no texture whatsoever, as there's less friction between the camera and lens.

My own Hasselblad HV and about half the lenses I own for it (including my very best Sony Zeiss 24-70 f/2.8) do this. I've never had a problem.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your fine new lens
05-02-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
So long as the lens functions correctly, which means the electronic contacts all line up correctly, I don;t think you need to worry.
Kind regards,
Mark
(New Zealand)
05-05-2018, 01:38 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JackvanS Quote
Hi from The Netherlands
Welcome from the Highlands of Scotland, sorry I'm not familiar with this lens at all.

05-16-2018, 03:34 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks all for reply.
I ordered myself a Vessel crosshead driver (JIS-type), tightened the screws of the cameramount and the play was gone.
It was hardly noticable when tightening but i felt just the tiniest bit of rotation. Did it very gently.
I'm happy, no worries anymore.
Case closed.
05-16-2018, 06:29 AM   #6
Forum Member

Welcome on these forums Jack! Always good to see a fellow dutchman here. Happy shooting with the excellent K1 and good to hear the problem was solved.

Met vriendelijke groet,
05-16-2018, 06:43 AM   #7

Hi Jack!

My wife is from the Netherlands. I've been there for a few years and it is the most beautiful contry on the planet. It really gets my creative juices going for photography.

05-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #8
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi and welcome from Australia Jack.