Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi from PA!

Hi!
I inherited a *ist d from my brother (he traded up to a k10). Just learning how to use my camera-ready to buy some better lenses! Looking forward to learning what I can from this forum-I've been lurking all day; I apologize for newb questions in advance

02-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums Ari!

Just wondering about your past experience with photography before I can answer that question for you. What do you like to take photos of, and what would you like to take photos of? Were there lenses that your brother may have lent you that you like? You could give his lens collection a go.

There is a huge variety of lenses available, and I'm sure you will get a ton of recommendations.
02-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hi back from Wn. Where tf is pa?
02-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Hi back from Wn. Where tf is pa?
PA = state of Pennsylvania, in the U.S.A. Also known as the "keystone state" - why is that?

Arpe - Where is Wn?

02-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Now Arpe I know your from a country with only one name. But to answer your Question, PA. Is Pennsylvania USA. A state in the northeastern section of the United States. Pennsylvania is bordered by New York to the north and north east, New Jersey to the east, Delaware and Maryland to the south and south west. and West Virginia and Ohio to the South west and west. PA is the abbreviation of the state of Pennsylvania. ( OK now the civics lesson is over )

Now for ARI.

Welcome aboard, It's good to see another member from PA. (right around Valley Forge and Westchester) Very close to Carpenters, and not to far from Photo Tramp in Lancaster. Since you are new to the forum There are some of us from the northeast that get together during the year for photo shoots in different places. We have invaded DC. and Gettysburg and this year we are looking for more places to shoot. The north east members run from NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, Va, and You would be more than welcome to join us on any of our shoots. We share techniques, and information and have a very good time doing it. So Welcome and hope one day we will see you at one of the shoots ( Oh and bring your brother )
02-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Welcome aboard, It's good to see another member from PA. (right around Valley Forge and Westchester) Very close to Carpenters, and not to far from Photo Tramp in Lancaster. Since you are new to the forum There are some of us from the northeast that get together during the year for photo shoots in different places. We have invaded DC. and Gettysburg and this year we are looking for more places to shoot. The north east members run from NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, Va, and You would be more than welcome to join us on any of our shoots. We share techniques, and information and have a very good time doing it. So Welcome and hope one day we will see you at one of the shoots ( Oh and bring your brother )
When are you guys planning your next meet? Sure Pittsburgh is 6 hours from Toronto, but it would be a fun weekend drive for the family.
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
Ari
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Now Arpe I know your from a country with only one name. But to answer your Question, PA. Is Pennsylvania USA. A state in the northeastern section of the United States. Pennsylvania is bordered by New York to the north and north east, New Jersey to the east, Delaware and Maryland to the south and south west. and West Virginia and Ohio to the South west and west. PA is the abbreviation of the state of Pennsylvania. ( OK now the civics lesson is over )

Now for ARI.

Hi! Sorry about the long delay in responding to this-I guess it has helped that my brother is an experienced user; he has helped me over the past few months with a lot of questions I've had with this camera. I would love to find out more about any local PA/VA get togethers! Planning on being more active on the forums, too!
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Hey Ari,

I work in Schwenksville (unfortunately) and hang out in your neck of the woods a lot. Send me an e-mail (through my profile) and we can hook up.

--Sean

09-25-2007, 05:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Hello! I'm from Phoenixville carpents and I have met up a few times (most recently yesterday at Valley Forge). Nice to see some more local Pentaxians.
09-25-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
Ari
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
Hello! I'm from Phoenixville carpents and I have met up a few times (most recently yesterday at Valley Forge). Nice to see some more local Pentaxians.
I was just in VF Park today, trying out my new lens! My new 35mm lens from B&H arrived - a really good reason to take an early lunch break! Let me know if you want to meet up; I've sort of been stuck photographing all of the car-accessible attractions there (GW Chapel, cemetery). I would love to see some of the off-the-path stuff (I just don't know where any of that is).
09-26-2007, 04:38 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I am the PARK EXPERT! When I first got started with my *ist DS in the Fall of 05-Winter 06, I was going to the park ALL the time, so I was always searching out spots I hadn't been to before.

Would that be the FA 35mm f/2.0? Love that lens!

Taken on Monday (drats, missed you by a day!). More photos in http://evangordonphotography.com/valley_forge_fall/ and I'll probably be posting some more in the "Post Your Photos" thread. Also, some VF pictures on my blog at Evan Gordon Photography
Here's one more -

QuoteOriginally posted by Ari Quote
I was just in VF Park today, trying out my new lens! My new 35mm lens from B&H arrived - a really good reason to take an early lunch break! Let me know if you want to meet up; I've sort of been stuck photographing all of the car-accessible attractions there (GW Chapel, cemetery). I would love to see some of the off-the-path stuff (I just don't know where any of that is).
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #12
Ari
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi egordon! Yep-that's the lens I got-I saw the other pics you posted from Monday-they look great! A dumb question; I subscribe to some other forums, and it seems easier in most of them to find out when someone replies to a post. Any way to do that here? I keep on having to search for posts of mine to see if anyone's responded....
Thanks!