Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2018, 02:11 PM   #1

Introduction

Thank you, Adam, for your kind welcome.

Having for the last two years solely used a Leica Q, which is a fixed 28 mm FF digital camera, I have for some time been looking for the best way to give a new life to my full collection of Pentax glass from the seventies and eighties, which includes the K series 1.8/85 mm and the A series 2.8/200 mm lenses. I felt stuck with the uneasy choice to buy an uninspiring body from Sony's A7 series or Leica's overpriced (and not all-weather sealed) MP-240, either way needing an undesirable adapter ring. It is from PentaxForums that I not only learnt to appreciate even more those old Pentax lenses, but also and above all discovered the K-1 which I immediately ordered, since it seems to fully respond to my needs and was available at a hefty discount, now that the Mark II is out, whose improved autofocus would be of no use to me. So I am looking forward to receiving that K-1 body, and am likely to come back to the forums with need for advice.

By the way, from reading the distance marks on various lenses I wonder whether the metering system of my two LX bodies may have wandered off, since in focus the real distance is less than indicated on the lenses; or should one not give too much credit to those lens marks? Living in Switzerland, I am afraid that a local checkup and eventual repair might cost more than do those LX bodies nowadays. Of course, shooting two rolls of film might allow one to check oneself whether the LX focussing aids have remained precise. But for the moment, I shall concentrate on getting to know the new animal in the stable.

Again, thanking you, Adam, and all you Pentaxians freely sharing your knowledge here,

kmx

05-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, from a Pentax - and Sony A7-series - user

Sadly, I'm not a K-1 user - but I think that's only a matter of time. Congratulations on ordering yours... I have little doubt that you'll love it, based on the many reports and wonderful photos from our members.

Looking forward to your involvement here. Oh, and if you still have your Leica Q (or other non-Pentax cameras), we have a forum specifically for that too
05-28-2018, 03:46 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums. Good to have you here.
05-29-2018, 01:57 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, I would treat the the lens markings as indictions only, better quality longer lenses often focussed a bit beyond infinity markings to allow for expansion and contraction due to temperature variations.

05-12-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome.
05-12-2021, 08:13 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome. The Leica Q is a camera on my to-try list. Hope the K-1 suits your needs.
05-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome from California!

Switzerland is a beautiful country, no shortage of photo opportunities.

05-12-2021, 10:15 PM   #8

Welcome from a fellow K-1 user.
Also considering adding a LX to the stable to join K1000, ME Super and Leica R4 brothers.

Looking forward to your images of Switzerland.

05-13-2021, 04:57 AM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No one realized this thread is three years old?
I think he's been sufficiently welcomed.
Closed Thread